Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Gargoyle Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Gargoyle Forum

Jo37   Djl   Djl   S.   Jo37   S.   Djl   S.   Jo37   Djl   Jo37   Djl   S.   Djl   Jo37   Djl   S.   Jo37   S.   Djl  
 Member  Message

Jo37
View Profile

Cage size

Right then I might have found myself a little garg, approx 3 months old, CB, just waiting to see what morph it is - would rather a reticulated/mottled than a stripy one anyway the question is would it be OK/preferable to keep it in one of those big plastic critter keepers than to put it straight into a 48x48x60 exo terra? I assume its going to be very small so donít want it getting stressed out.

What do you think?

09/04/07  08:42am

Djl
View Profile

Message To: Jo37   In reference to Message Id: 1431402

Cage size

Great!! You finally got it. I put my small guys in lg. kritter keepers with paper towels. Where did you get him? Well, congrats on your new garg!! What did you name him?

OK , S, your turn!!!!

09/04/07  09:35pm

Djl
View Profile

Message To: Djl   In reference to Message Id: 1432060

Cage size

Oh, yea, we need a pic!!!!

09/04/07  09:36pm

S.
View Profile

Message To: Djl   In reference to Message Id: 1432063

Cage size

I have told you end of this month...lol. Believe me I want this show to come quicker!!! OK...so back on topic... LOL we should get out own forum JO/DJL/S lol. we always are answering each others stuff. Hey you guys know if its ok if I put 2 females together or is that bad?

09/06/07  11:00pm

Jo37
View Profile

Message To: S.   In reference to Message Id: 1434452

Cage size

You are not going to believe this...he only went and sold George (that was what I was going to call him)

It goes like this, I mailed him last week/end of the week before and he says yes I am getting two in. So I keep mailing him all week and on Monday he says yes I have got two in so I ask him a few questions, age, diet etc to which I replies. Then I mail him on Tuesday night to ask how I pay.....Wednesday morning he mails back to say that he has sold the pair!!!!!!!!

I said OH NO! Are you joking? He wasnít

So really, really annoyed its my birthday next Friday and this was meant to be my present. Looks like it will have to be my other obsession - shoes!

My friends went to an biggest expo in the UK on Sunday and they said there were hundreds of geckos but no cresties and no gargoyles.

09/07/07  02:50am

S.
View Profile

Message To: Jo37   In reference to Message Id: 1434593

Cage size

OMG, I would be kicking his butt! NO donít get shoes!!! Shoes are lame! (I own 6 pairs, 2 tennies,2 flip-flop, dockers, and one dress up, not a shoe girl) Hold on to the cash and get a leachie or anther crestie or what ever. You know If you get your self something when it comes to reptiles, your hubby is gonna be all wait tell next year or you already got your present. I know mine would. If there is that little in the way of reptile breeders in the UK you should breed! Make tons of money and have fun with it.

BRB.. let me see if I can find something for you.

09/07/07  01:31pm

Djl
View Profile

Message To: S.   In reference to Message Id: 1434919

Cage size

Iím so sorry, Jo. I know how bad you wanted one. But you can get shoes anytime. Keep looking. Youíll find one. Or you could get someting else. How about a snake?

09/07/07  04:40pm

S.
View Profile

Message To: Djl   In reference to Message Id: 1435127

Cage size

I donít know about a snake for Jo...Remember she hates feeding crickets/ but deals...I cant picture her thumping a mouse or de-thawing dead. LOL do you remember the cricket getting into one of her shoes story? LOL still makes me LOL thinking about it. I hate thumping mice but I have to do it at work as it is so why not do it once a week at home. (I just donít let my son know I am doing it) Get harry a friend...or hold on tho the garg idea. Let us know.

09/08/07  02:07am

Jo37
View Profile

Message To: S.   In reference to Message Id: 1435755

Cage size

LOL hello you two

Think I am going to go down the get Harry a friend route, this way we could possible have baby Harrys in the future. They have some sub adult cresties where I got Harry from, think they had a couple of dalmatians and a few flames. Might take a drive up there this afternoon.

As Harry is still only small, Iím going to need another tank arenít I?

As for the shoes, they are my obsession! I LOVE shoes! I used to have about 40 pairs but gave loads away when we moved house, told hubby it was a clear out when in reality it was just so i could buy some more! I am probably up to about 30 now, I probably buy a pair every two weeks - sorry SOOOOO off topic there!

09/08/07  03:47am

Djl
View Profile

Message To: Jo37   In reference to Message Id: 1435793

Cage size

(I used to have a boot obsession. But i got help) LOL.

I still hate crickets. But I deal with it. I donít ever think I could thump a mouse! I will stick to f/t. They stay right where I put em. LOL
If I could find a mate for Gargamel. I would give you a baby. But we are having trouble finding gargs. Baby Harryís would be cool, though.
(where DO you wear all those shoes?) I work so much Iím lucky to get out of my sneekers!! But I always find time to hit the sushi bar! YUM!! THAT"S my obsession.

09/08/07  01:01pm

Jo37
View Profile

Message To: Djl   In reference to Message Id: 1436101

Cage size

I am OK with crickets as long as they stay where they are meant to be - crickets hiding in shoes I canít cope with LOL

As for snakes no way I could have one I think they are a bit scary! My friends have 25 snakes and I held a cornsnake for the first time about a week ago was really nervous!

We donít have sushi bars by where we live in the UK, we have to buy it ready made from the supermarket. I agree it is yummy though!

Had a trip to the reptile shop yesterday where we have got three of our lizards from, they have only had in and sold a baby garg!!! He said fingers crossed they are getting some more in......

09/09/07  05:21am

Djl
View Profile

Message To: Jo37   In reference to Message Id: 1437005

Cage size

Ok, keeping fingers crossed.

09/09/07  05:51pm

S.
View Profile

Message To: Djl   In reference to Message Id: 1437497

Cage size

Sushi Yum! I get it each day I work an 8 hour shift and get a lunch break. I get it from the sushi bar in the Bel-air, yes, my local Bel-air has a working sushi bar inside of it, there are some good thing that come w/ living w/ crazy CA people. (I made friends with the chef, he hooks me up with extras) DO you know how hard it is to find people who like to go out to sushi? Now I find some and they are in the UK or on the other side of the US. D@mn it all! We got out to a "real" sushi bar once a month for the good stuff but it costs SO much we have to keep it to a minim. My obsession well...I am a dork, big anime fan, but it goes well with Sushi. Anywho...way OT.

Jo, so are you getting a garg and/or anther crestie? Ask the pet shop guy to special order it for you. We do it at out store but sometimes you have to put a deposit down. You should ask. Keep us posted.

09/11/07  01:01pm

Djl
View Profile

Message To: S.   In reference to Message Id: 1439654

Cage size

Yea, I could live on sushi. I do have my favorites though. We go on average 4xmonth. We have a cool little sushi bar here "all you can eat" $20 bucks per person. They serve only Japanese food and sushi. We even bought our own chopstix and keep them there. LOL.

Yea, hey Jo, what did ya decide on? Shoes??? (ya might need a bigger tank for them) LOL.

09/11/07  04:54pm

Jo37
View Profile

Message To: Djl   In reference to Message Id: 1439818

Cage size

LOL this really should be our own forum....sooooo far off topic here!

I went to see the adult cresties were I got Harry from and they have all dropped their tails, I know this doesnít make any diff but at about $150 I would like a tail!!!!!!

I will keep ringing him up to see about the gargs, he can reserve them and the breeding pair is still on his list but they are just too expensive

I have a big job interview today and I am REALLY nervous, I kept dreaming about it all night! So it kind of depends what happens with that, a lot more money so maybe the crestie can be a well done pressie! Its my birthday on Friday - 28 - shhhhh

DJI - well I do have a special shoe cupboard which is overflowing, so could do with something bigger LOL. Of course Iím getting shoes on Friday (payday and birthday!) They decide over the job on Friday too so you two please keep your fingers crossed for me.

09/12/07  02:07am

Djl
View Profile

Message To: Jo37   In reference to Message Id: 1440631

Cage size

*Fingers crossed*

09/12/07  05:05pm

S.
View Profile

Message To: Djl   In reference to Message Id: 1441232

Cage size

*fingers and toes are crossed* also *wondering if this shoe cupboard is any were near were you keep the crickets* =)

So what if we are off topic. Not like anyone else is ever in here. =)

Ok so what kind of Garg should I look for at the expo. Like I said I want to breed them in small numbers but its so hard to make up my mind on what I want. Any ideas??? I think I want a very red male so I can get reds from my females...but I am not sure. I think I want, at most, 3 females and one maybe 2 males. I wont be getting ALL of them at the show 2-3 is my goal, depending on price.

09/13/07  12:32am

Jo37
View Profile

Message To: S.   In reference to Message Id: 1441869

Cage size

I GOT THE JOB, I GOT THE JOB, I GOT THE JOB!!!!!

LOL as you can tell Iím really excited about this!

Anyway back to the subject of the forum, Sarah when on earth did you decide to get all those gargoyles??? I love the reticulated pattern like DJI has, they look more like stone gargoyles than the stripey ones. Are you going to get baby ones or adults?

LOL no my shoe cupboard is well away from the cricket keeper! I had an incident on Monday though, I was holding the tub of crickets for my dragon Nexu and flicking them out with a pair of tweezers he got really excited ran for the tub and bit my finger!!!!! I jumped a mile and tipped a load of crickets on the floor!!!! Luckily they were mainly dead ones from the bottom of the tub - phew that could have been a nightmare crickets running round everywhere.

The day before that I got bit by my collared lizard Jango, I picked him up and he latched onto my finger - yeah the same one - he actually drew blood!

Am worried as these things come in threes so being very careful with my fingers

09/13/07  10:54am

S.
View Profile

Message To: Jo37   In reference to Message Id: 1442086

Cage size

CONGRATS! SO what is this wonderful new job anyway? More #ís stuff? I am very happy for you!

Well I figure people have a hard time getting a hold of gargs, even here. Plus I am gonna be breeding cresteds anyway so why not get a good garg project going. I am most likely just gonna stick with 1.2 but We will see what happens My thinking on the higher #ís is they donít produce as much as cresteds about 4-6 eggs a year as I have heard it. Soooo there ya have it. I like the idea of a red male and one stripe female and one reticulated female. That way I am looking at a few of each, what do you think?

Oh... about the crickets Logan (my son) gets one Job besides the normal picking up his own stuff. He finds loose crickets in the house he takes a few mins each day and dues a hunt. At Easter he was all "Mom, I donít want to hunt eggs, there no fun. They donít run away." =)

Keep an eye on your fingers. lol

09/13/07  02:54pm

Djl
View Profile

Message To: S.   In reference to Message Id: 1442288

Cage size

Quote:

So what if we are off topic. Not like anyone else is ever in here

Got that right.

Jo, Congrats on the job.

S. We are also looking for a garg. We are going to the show on Saturday. Hoping to get a striped with red or orange.

09/13/07  08:28pm

Back to Geckos-Gargoyle Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area