Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Crested Forum

Arwenelle   Crestedb0y   Sobedrummer007   Xanadu   Sobedrummer007  
 Member  Message

Arwenelle
View Profile

Diet

I just bought my first crested gecko and I am realizing how much baby food will be wasted since I only have one. I s there any way I can reduce or avoid this? The jar says its only good for a couple days after opening it. Any comments would breatly appreciated.

12/07/05  02:30pm

Crestedb0y
View Profile

Message To: Arwenelle   In reference to Message Id: 566640

Diet

Yea you cant only use it for 3 days.What i do is that i buy the Smallest Bottle Of Baby Food.And Also Dont only give it baby food give it Crickets.But I heard theres Some poeple Who give it only baby food with water but T-Rex in both so like that it can get its Vitamins and Calcium and all of the other good things they like.But hey I give them Baby food in a bottle Cap.

12/07/05  03:12pm

Sobedrummer007
View Profile

Message To: Crestedb0y   In reference to Message Id: 566702

Diet

I give mine babyfood mixed with CGD, and i dust my crickets with CGD.

12/07/05  05:10pm

Xanadu
View Profile

Message To: Sobedrummer007   In reference to Message Id: 566814

Diet

Can you post a picture of the CGD? I think I have it but Iím not sure. I have a jar from T-Rex. It has a purple lid and the label says "Crested Gecko Diet". Itís just this brown powder that seems to do nothing when mixed with water. I just want to make sure I have the right stuff.

Thanks,
Heather

12/07/05  05:31pm

Sobedrummer007
View Profile

Message To: Xanadu   In reference to Message Id: 566835

Diet

Yeah that is it. I can tell by your description and i had the same problem. I mix it with babyfood, and dust my crickets with it and it seems nessie is doing fine.

12/07/05  08:31pm

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area