Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Crested Forum

Ris9911   LilCrestie   Sobedrummer007   Squee   Ris9911   Ris9911   Squee   Ris9911  
 Member  Message

Ris9911
View Profile

Deformity....

hello guys and gals once again im poasting because i recently purchased orion my orange dalmation harlequin a beautiful specimin indeed sadly i was dazzled and excited to purchase him because of his markings lol i dident notice his front left foot untill i had gotten him home! it is alot smaller than his other three the toes are shorter and the hand is allaround small the arm is normal just that one hand could it be genetics or maby a malformation during incubation or simply lack of proper nutrition before i got it? well thats besides my point my true question is would it be wrong for me to knowingly breed him/her when it becomes old enough the markings are outstanding its just running the risk that he/she might pass on the small hand trait what should i do?

10/01/05  04:29pm

LilCrestie
View Profile

Message To: Ris9911   In reference to Message Id: 496791

Deformity....

I so Like your Crestie man , But for me it looks cool on him small hand lol.. But i just like yours.Prolly sell mine to get one like yours.lol im jk i would never sell a crestie there to cool looking.

10/02/05  01:16am

Sobedrummer007
View Profile

Message To: LilCrestie   In reference to Message Id: 497338

Deformity....

If it doesn’t bother his movements and he can still can climb well, i wouldn’t worry about it. I would brag and show it off.

10/02/05  01:35pm

Squee
View Profile

Message To: Sobedrummer007   In reference to Message Id: 497758

Deformity....

AWWWWWW its such a cutie ^_^ but if it isnt bothersome to the crestie it should be fine to breed when it gets bigger.... are the toes fully formed?? like claws and everything?? if not it could also be from a bad shed that went unnoticed. i know its less common with cresties than leos since they live in a humid climate but you never know

10/02/05  11:34pm

Ris9911
View Profile

Message To: Squee   In reference to Message Id: 498709

Deformity....

his toes are normal and he jumps and runs ok but i do notice that he favors it sometimes like he cant really get a good grip every once in a while i hope its not a problem cuz he was a great find except for that hand poor orion lol hes happy though and growing !!! my scale broke on me just before i got him but i orderd one yesterday i cant wait till i find out how much he weighs!!!! well i think i will go ahead and breed orion its just such a sweetie he loves to give me kisses after he eats (i hand feed all my fattie tubos lol

10/03/05  01:00am

Ris9911
View Profile

Message To: Squee   In reference to Message Id: 498709

Deformity....

his toes are normal and he jumps and runs ok but i do notice that he favors it sometimes like he cant really get a good grip every once in a while i hope its not a problem cuz he was a great find except for that hand poor orion lol hes happy though and growing !!! my scale broke on me just before i got him but i orderd one yesterday i got it for 2.50 on e bay !!! e bay rocks!!!!i cant wait till i find out how much he weighs!!!! well i think i will go ahead and breed orion its just such a sweetie he loves to give me kisses after he eats (i hand feed all my fattie tubos lol

10/03/05  01:01am

Squee
View Profile

Message To: Ris9911   In reference to Message Id: 498806

Deformity....

yeah i know how hand feeding goes i had fed harley for weeks due to resperatory infection before she passed of unknown causes and my sisters gargoyle is hand fed. she eats so well her bellie is fatter than her head lol. also the foot thing im thinking wont matter if its a genetic thing it could show in the babies but chances are its probably gonna be like a recessive trait instead of a dominant trait but then again ya never know

10/03/05  04:10pm

Ris9911
View Profile

Message To: Squee   In reference to Message Id: 499425

Deformity....

IM GONNA TAKE A CHANCE WHEN IT MATURES AND SEE HOW IT GOES IF THE BABIES ARE DEFORMED TOO THEN I GUESS ILL FEEL REALLY BAD BUT IT WILL BE WORTH THE GAMBLE FOR THE MORPH AND COLORS

10/04/05  01:09am

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area