Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Crested Forum

Dane   Dane   Sukieblur  
 Member  Message

Dane
View Profile

How to make a temporary gecko home?

Tomorrow I’d like to be switching to unbleached paper towels because I can’t put crickets in the coconut husk and the husk is too dangerous period(might be eaten if baby food touches it...) ; I am also switching because she is alertly looking at ground and around from the favorite spots as if trying to find something moving, but I can’t put live food in yet because of the substrate problem. Getting to the point of this post... the only idea I have for a temporary cage is a cardboard box with newspaper on the bottom and the fake tree with vines wrapped around. Next week I am buying a plastic cage like the ones you put crickets in so I can sanitize both terrariums with out a break out. Oh and for sukiebear who reads everything here.. Crusty is doing better it seems and i found several poops with -concentrated urine?(that’s what I heard it was)--combined looks like mini bird poop, and likes crickets only had two but the smallest crickets in the stores were from eye to eye for her but they passed through no prob. has been eating CGD. I’m glad I got a crested because my leopard gecko Isis(eye-sis) is untame and was originally the one to be tame and handled lightly, but she refuses to be held, she is an awesome gecko, crusty was to be the wild unholdable one but turned out to be very calm (the guy at pet-co said they bite all the time but luckily we went to a pet shop where we learned they are nice). Maybe I’ll post the pics off the camera phone of the glass licking and jump stance photos with the day/night color changes they’re pretty cool! Could someone answer this question too; do cresties enjoy other cresties or are they just tolerant of them and can one be added later on if the cresties arn’t both males? THAT NEW MORPH IS AWESOME the one that has a name vote going on for it I voted for Granite Ghost but I like the name Granite Fire which wasn’t an option

04/21/05  12:10am

Dane
View Profile

just realized it’s sukieblur and not sukiebear

04/21/05  12:44am

Sukieblur
View Profile

Message To: Dane   In reference to Message Id: 317531

Good to hear that she’s eating. Yeah, the white stuff is concentrated urine.

I suppose a box would be okay for a few hours or so, but cresteds are really good escape artists. They can last 24 hours in a taped shut box though. I got mine like that through the mail. What you’d probably want to do is get a medium or large sized kritter keeper. That’s what I use when I clean out my tank, but I think that’s what you meant by ’the plastic ones that you put crickets in.’

Yes, you can add another crested later. You would want them to both be about the same size and you’d definitely want to quarantine the new arrival for at least 90 days.

04/21/05  04:34pm

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area