Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Geckos-Crested Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

BioDesu   BioDesu   Weejimmy   Newt_dewd  

Member  Message

BioDesu
View Profile

Help! Is my crested okay? Is her terrarium too busy?

Hi there. I am new to crested geckos, and lizards in general. I have read up as much as I can on the internet and also have bought like 5 books and read them. I got my crested gecko, Mew, like 2 weeks ago and I left her in the terrarium that the previous owner gave me; it was a standard 10 gallon aquarium stood upright with not a whole lot of greenery. I wanted to upgrade to something prettier and more comfortable for Mew, so I bought an 18x18x18 terrarium and set it all up with lots of spaces to climb, jump, hide and a lot of greenery as well as live moss and the base is zoo-med eco earth. I put her in the new completely set up terrarium yesterday, and this morning her eyes were sunk in.... I was reading online that sunk in eyes can be caused by stress.

I guess what I want to know is:
Is there too much stuff in the terrarium?
How long do you think it will take her to be happier? I haven’t been handling her since she’s been in the new setup.
and also, can anyone recommend a good automatic mister? I looked online and every mister on amazon had poor reviews. I’ve been misting her cage in the morning and at night.

Thank you.

The bottom picture shows her sunk in eyes :(

06/01/15  06:56pm

BioDesu
View Profile

Message To: BioDesu   In reference to Message Id: 2313787

Also, here is a picture of her before her eyes were sunk in. There is a big difference. She is about 1.5 years old...

Thank you for any help in advanced! I really love her already and I want to make sure she is well taken care of. I’ve been feeding her Repashy and the Pangea diet.

06/01/15  07:11pm

Weejimmy
View Profile

Message To: BioDesu   In reference to Message Id: 2313788

To me, that is a crested gecko’s paradise! Perhaps your gecko is just getting used to its new home. If it has been living in the 10 gallon all of its life it may just need some time to adjust to its new surroundings. I would just keep trying to keep her comfortable by leaving her be (keep enclosure in a place with little traffic/no one is passing by a lot). Also make sure she has plenty of water. Sunken eyes can also be caused by dehydration. So, if you want, you can try putting a few drops of water on her nose to make sure she is getting enough water. Other than that, I don’t really know.

06/05/15  12:52pm

Newt_dewd
View Profile

Message To: Weejimmy   In reference to Message Id: 2313811

is it named after the pokemon (just curious )

09/13/15  10:38am

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area