Geckos-Crested Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

HMreptiles   Herp Helper   HMreptiles   Fairy Frog Mother  

Member  Message

HMreptiles
View Profile

Crested gecko repashy diet

Hi, I have two small crested geckos that i’ve had for about 2 months and every two days I change and feed them new repashy crested gecko diet, but I never see them eat it. And there’s no marks showing where they licked it up, they don’t look skinny or anything, but are they eating it? I also sometimes give them yogurt and banana baby food. Any tips or suggestions would be great. Thanks

09/22/12  11:23am

Herp Helper
View Profile

Message To: HMreptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2281104

If there’s poop they’re eating. (Unfortunately their poop isn’t as obvious as Leos or AFTs :/)

Honestly, if you’ve had them for 2 months and they weren’t eating, they’d be dead.

Your best bet is to look for poop.

Sometimes I let mine lick some of the CGD off my fingertip. It’s pretty cute to watch.

To conclude, I really wouldn’t worry. I never see mine eat CGD (I once saw it lick water), but it seems to be growing and doesn’t look too skinny. But if you are really worried, you could always pick them up and let them lick the CGD off a little spoon or something.

09/23/12  09:03pm

HMreptiles
View Profile

Message To: Herp Helper   In reference to Message Id: 2281234

Alright thanks, I appreciate the response.

09/24/12  09:57pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: HMreptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2281326

If they are eating banana baby food and yogurt...they will poop any how. If you see no food gone then likely they are eating ONLY the yogurt and Banana baby food. Thats a whole lotta sugar there depending on the brands of each- commercial yogurt and baby foods have TONS of additives, not something I would recommend.

I feed Crested Gecko diet every other day, and 6 appropriately sized crickets dusted with calcium every other week. This and misting Floyds tank makes him a happy gecko.

09/27/12  08:37am

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area