Geckos-Crested Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Herp Helper   Crotus   Herp Helper   Crotus   Fairy Frog Mother  

Member  Message

Herp Helper
View Profile

Crested Gecko tank

Just finished putting together the tank for the Crested Gecko that will be getting here on Thurs (so I have a day or so to change anything).

I’ll post some pictures of it, I’d love feedback. Also, I’m sorry if the photos aren’t the best, I had to use my iPod because there weren’t any charged batteries and I want to go to bed :o

Anyways, here’s the tank (it’s an 18x18x18 Exo Terra)

PS, just thought I’d say that there are 2 live Pothos towards the back (you probably can’t see them) and the background is a ZooMed precut 18x18 slab of cork (I think it adds a whole new dimension to the tank).

08/29/12  12:31am

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Herp Helper   In reference to Message Id: 2278210

Crested Gecko tank

Hey, looks like a really cool setup -- I am anxious to see how the geckos look in it. Post a picture or two?

08/31/12  04:19pm

Herp Helper
View Profile

Message To: Crotus   In reference to Message Id: 2278510

Crested Gecko tank

It’s quite small, only 2.5-3 months old. I have a few decent pics I have of it.

It was pretty cute because when I woke up this morning I noticed a few smudges next to the CGD dish (one in the general shape of a gecko foot) so I think it stepped in it last night. I assume it ate some too. I’ll try to look for poop, but I’m not sure if it goes to the bathroom on the ground or on leaves or something. :o

Anyways, here’s some pics of the gecko. I’m thinking of naming it Flare if it’s a guy, and Flarette if it’s a girl.

This first pic if of when I first let it out of the deli cup. She crawled across my fingers and onto the leaf. :D

This next one is about an hour later, when it finally moved a little bit onto a different leaf.

This last one is where I found her/him this morning. I think she was sleeping, it’s hard to tell since they don’t have eyelids. :3

08/31/12  09:47pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Herp Helper   In reference to Message Id: 2278579

Crested Gecko tank

Cool... awesome setup! It looks very happy! 2 thumbs up.

09/12/12  02:12pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Crotus   In reference to Message Id: 2280082

Crested Gecko tank

Yep. That is a classic gecko sleeping pose. GREAT setup!! Im sure it will be extremely happy in that tank.

09/13/12  08:52am

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area