Geckos-Crested Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Msstrongg48CG   Weejimmy   Crotus   Fairy Frog Mother  

Member  Message

Msstrongg48CG
View Profile

New Crested Gecko!

I have been on here for years, but I just got a new account! The other day I got my first crestie! He is ten months old and very beautiful :) Im having no problems with him just thought I would share. He is currently my only reptile and Im planning to keep it that way. I have had many many other little herps.

Hope you enjoyed! :)

08/23/12  06:24pm

Weejimmy
View Profile

Message To: Msstrongg48CG   In reference to Message Id: 2277664

New Crested Gecko!

Aaawwwwww he is soooooooo incredibly cute!!!!!! I am new to this side of the forum also! Im a newb at cresties only just getting my little fella a little over a month ago now!!! Couldnt ask for a better reptile!!! My crestie is also my only current reptile and its staying that way. I havent had many reptiles in the past but i have had two other species for a few years. The only way i would get another reptile is if its another crestie!

08/23/12  08:58pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Msstrongg48CG   In reference to Message Id: 2277664

New Crested Gecko!

Hey, very cute! I think they are social creatures however, so you might want to consider getting at least one more, although as with most lizards, you probably would want to avoid keeping two males together.

08/30/12  06:14pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Crotus   In reference to Message Id: 2278368

New Crested Gecko!

I personally would advise only getting more if you plan on breeding. And then you need to really watch the females calcium levels so she doesnt become depleted.
Even housing them with other females can result in stress and them dropping their tails if they decide they dont get along. Then you’ll need two separate enclosures. And yes, from what I have read two males will often get very territorial with one another.

09/13/12  08:49am

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area