Geckos-Crested Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Iggy96   Weejimmy   Iggy96   Weejimmy   Iggy96   Weejimmy   Iggy96  

Member  Message

Iggy96
View Profile

Thinking about a Crested.

So I am thinking about adding a Crested Gecko to my collection. I have a few questions though that I feel will be better answered by actual people instead of stores. So my first one is about the Repashy MRP good for them in the long run? My second question is more of an opinion. I’m looking at glass terrariums and am wondering which is better, the Zoo Med Naturalistic Terrarium or the Exo-Terra Glass Terrarium? Thanks to any one that answers! :D

07/20/12  10:23pm

Weejimmy
View Profile

Message To: Iggy96   In reference to Message Id: 2274097

I am just getting into cresteds myself and so far have no complaints. Im not sure about the terrarium question because i dont even know what they look like. But about the Repashy i do know that a crested can live on the powder for their whole life. You dont need to add anything else to their diet because the Repashy has everything the gecko needs. If youd like you can feed a few calcium dusted crickets once or twice a week as a little treat. And make sure that you do not feed them baby food. It is full of sugar and is not good for them. Also if you would like to give your crested a sort of fresh fruit treat i myself am making that a once a month thing as an extra special treat. Just stay away from citrus.

07/21/12  09:22am

Iggy96
View Profile

Message To: Weejimmy   In reference to Message Id: 2274136

Ok thanks! I have read a few places about baby food. But adding fresh fruit wouldnt be an issue since I have an iguana you needs the fruits so yeah!!! It is great to hear that about the Repashy diet. My mom didnt quite believe it at first but I think she will now. Thanks!

07/21/12  12:58pm

Weejimmy
View Profile

Message To: Iggy96   In reference to Message Id: 2274152

Yup the repashy is a complete diet. That is what makes them easy to care for. Just make sure to only feed the fresh fruit like once a month because it could mess with certain levels of vitamins the gecko gets. And be sure to kind of mush it up so that they dont really have to chew it. I hope your mom lets you have one!! I have only had mine a little over two weeks and am totally attatched to the little fellow!! Good luck!

07/22/12  05:56pm

Iggy96
View Profile

Message To: Weejimmy   In reference to Message Id: 2274292

Great! I’ll be sure to keep the fruit to an occasional treat! I’m pretty sure she will let me because I am planning on buying everything myself plus they are easy to care for. She wants me to wit until school starts so we can be sure that I can care for it with all of my school work. Plus its unusally hot where I am right now.

07/22/12  06:55pm

Weejimmy
View Profile

Message To: Iggy96   In reference to Message Id: 2274297

Congrats!!! You will LOVE it!! We are also having an unusual hot summer this year. The whole summer has been a drought. Its rained like 3 times and has been 100+ degrees like everyday with a small break like every other day. You sould say how you like it when you get 1 an post a pic!! I have tried and have been unsuccessful.

07/23/12  05:53pm

Iggy96
View Profile

Message To: Weejimmy   In reference to Message Id: 2274373

It’s been about 85-90 degrees here, but the humidity is unusually high this year. I will be sure to post a pic as soon as I get it!

07/23/12  08:16pm

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area