Geckos-Crested Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Weejimmy   Baja   Fairy Frog Mother   Weejimmy  

Member  Message

Weejimmy
View Profile

Please answer!!!

So i know i can feed my gecko CGD 4 his whole life but i want to give him some crickets 2 as a little treats every once in a while. He is quite young id probably say 3 inches long. Hes been eating some of his CGD when i give it to him but wont touch his crickets. Tonight was supposed to be his first night eating them but he didnt. I dusted them in calcium powder and put him and the crickets in a smaller container and he seemed interested but just watched them. So i tried hand feeding them to him and he just ignored them. He licked it a few times and wouldnt after that. Maybe he doesnt like the taste or smell??! Can somebody tell me how i can get him to at least try 1!?!? I do want some variety in his diet!!

07/10/12  12:06am

Baja
View Profile

Message To: Weejimmy   In reference to Message Id: 2272725

Please answer!!!

You can try dusting the crickets in CGD.

07/10/12  11:20pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Baja   In reference to Message Id: 2272861

Please answer!!!

I feed Floyd CGD every day and every other week he gets 6 3-4 week old crickets dusted in Calcium just to be sure he is getting plenty. So far, its worked great for him.

08/15/12  06:41pm

Weejimmy
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2276916

Please answer!!!

I got him to just try one and now he eats them just fine. I just put 2 in a small blue bowl at night(dusted in calcium of course and i give them once a week so thats why he only gets 2. And he is still young) and in the morning theyre gone. And i watched him catch one and eat one last night!

08/19/12  09:09am

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area