Geckos-Crested Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Jack26707   Weejimmy   Royal python   Stina   Fairy Frog Mother  

Member  Message

Jack26707
View Profile

Are Crested Geckos Handle able?

Hi, I am thinking about getting my very first reptile in a few months and was considering the crested gecko because it’s a beginner lizard, however I want to be able to handle my lizard more than "only when necessary. Thanks.

07/08/12  06:28pm

Weejimmy
View Profile

Message To: Jack26707   In reference to Message Id: 2272565

I have only had my crested gecko for a few days and i would have to say yes they are pretty handleable. I wouldnt go crazy handling because you dont want to stress them out especially when you first get it and itll be getting used to its new environment. But other than that yes!! They are really friendly and if you hold them at night they are super spunky!! Especially the young ones!! My little guy cant sit still at night ( they are nocturnal)!! So overall id say that they are moderate to heavy handling. So far i am totally in love with my little guy!!! I would definatly recommend!!

07/10/12  12:12am

Royal python
View Profile

Message To: Weejimmy   In reference to Message Id: 2272726

Make sure to give them a couple of days to settle in before handling though

07/11/12  01:05pm

Stina
View Profile

Message To: Jack26707   In reference to Message Id: 2272565

I have had crested Geckos for a few years and yes they are handleable, they are quite docile and I have never had one try to bite HOWEVER, they are great jumpers so be sure that you keep a hand in front of them or sit on the ground while you handle them because they can be active and jump without warning. A fall to the ground can hurt them badly. Otherwise they are wonderful reptiles, easy to care for and fun to watch.

07/23/12  04:38pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Stina   In reference to Message Id: 2274364

Agreed. Mine doesnt really LIKE it, but he tolerates it fine. If they get stressed they can drop their tails, but Ive had Floyd for nearly 3 years now, and he has his tail still. They actually are fairly hardy and easy to keep. Plus, they are just cool!

08/15/12  06:40pm

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area