Geckos-Crested Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Weejimmy   Maggie_Mae   Weejimmy   SugarFox03   Weejimmy  

Member  Message

Weejimmy
View Profile

What lights!!??

So like i mentioned in my previous post i am very new to the crested gecko side of the site and the crested gecko itself. I have not purchased one yet because i am doing thourough research and my tank is in the process of being thouroughly cleaned. I currently have the lights needed for a green anole. I know cresties do not need uvb so ill just put that aside and my current basking bulb is way to intense. In order to allow light in the tank and obtain room temperature what kind of light bulb should i use?? Again thanks in advance for any replies!

07/03/12  01:38pm

Maggie_Mae
View Profile

Message To: Weejimmy   In reference to Message Id: 2272076

What lights!!??

I personally use no lighting for my crestie since they don’t need it.

07/04/12  01:08am

Weejimmy
View Profile

Message To: Maggie_Mae   In reference to Message Id: 2272130

What lights!!??

I did some research and found that out but i would like to have some lighting that will not really raise the temperature but will allow enough light in to view them during the day. My tank is on a bookshelf type thing in my room and is surrounded by walls on all sides but the front so it is really dark in there even during the day so i want a light that can help me see them during the day. Will a day blue incondescent bulb work?

07/04/12  10:01am

SugarFox03
View Profile

Message To: Weejimmy   In reference to Message Id: 2272140

What lights!!??

I know this is a bit old, but I use this light for aesthetics only on my crested gecko cages...

http://www.thatpetplace.com/rio-mini-sun-moonlight-deep-sea-blue-led?gdftrk=gdfV2226_a_7c268_a_7c6967_a_7c239897&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cpc

It’s the Rio Mini Sun LED.

08/23/12  11:44pm

Weejimmy
View Profile

Message To: SugarFox03   In reference to Message Id: 2277706

What lights!!??

Thanks but ive got it taken care of. I just open my blinds every morning and thats it. I have just decided to have no lights. But your comment is much appreciated!

08/24/12  09:33am

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area