Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Geckos-Crested Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Stacy3601   HerrL1116   Fairy Frog Mother   Janmccri   Orange cresty   Orange cresty  

Member  Message

Stacy3601
View Profile

My crestie bit me

Neither of my cresties are social. I was never really able to tame them. I have 2 crested geckos, one male and the other I’m not sure about yet. They have their own tanks and don’t see each other. Well anyways, I was putting it’s mrp dish in it’s tank like I always do and turned my back on it for a few seconds. It usually does not try to leave it’s cage so I don’t really worry about that one. But he/she has been acting odd so I wanted to locate where it was just to be sure it didn’t get out. I started to lift one of it’s fav hiding spots and all of a sudden it bit my finger. It dosnt hurt of course but it just startled me. I was like, ’I can’t believe you just bit me!’. He/she is normally really mellow but it’s just been acting odd. This one likes to bite but has only done it when I have to pick him/her up and put it in a critter carrier so I can clean it’s cage.

Cresties are just so cute, even when they are mad I can’t help but smile when I see them. ^^. Anyone else here have a feisty cresty?

11/14/11  12:15am

HerrL1116
View Profile

Message To: Stacy3601   In reference to Message Id: 2244146

My crestie bit me

Do you spend a lot of time with him/her? Do you hold her/him a lot?

11/14/11  02:18am

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: HerrL1116   In reference to Message Id: 2244155

My crestie bit me

Mine doesnt really enjoy being held- he will put up with it- but he would rather be among his leaves hunting crickets, eating Crestie food or hanging out in his mossy bed. I do hold him for short periods of time to insure he isnt too stressed during tank cleaning- but otherwise most of the time we observe one another.

12/03/11  09:07am

Janmccri
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2246013

My crestie bit me

My son had a crestie, Ezra, who was feisty from the get go. Since they jump so much, I thought getting one a little bigger, but still juvenile, would be a good idea. Well Ezra lost her tail the first week we got her. My son was just holding her and she dropped it. Esther hated being held for most of her life. When she decided she should go back to her tank she would bite us. Over and over again. I really think this was a gecko who should have been wild. She did get better at about 18mths or we just got better at reading her signals and getting her put back in time. Well, unfortunately, she died last April and actually was not that old. She was only around 3. I don’t know what happened. She would often disappear in her tank when she shed and not want to be touched. Well, after she didn’t appear after a couple days I looked for her. Found her curled up and very dead in her cave. I have no idea what happened. Anyway, yes, we had a very feisty crestie.
Janice

12/07/11  12:15am

Orange cresty
View Profile

Message To: Janmccri   In reference to Message Id: 2246417

My crestie bit me

Janmccri that is really strange they should never die at the age of 3 maybe holding him wazz stressing him out? something wazz wrong

01/03/12  11:19pm

Orange cresty
View Profile

Message To: Janmccri   In reference to Message Id: 2246417

My crestie bit me

Stacy3601 to answer your question male geckos bite when they wont to do the business with the female geckos.I havent heard about a crested biting out of anger b4

01/03/12  11:39pm

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area