Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Crested Forum

Posted5   Fairy Frog Mother   Ento890   Fairy Frog Mother  
 Member  Message

Posted5
View Profile

Shaking Crested gecko

My female just laid what i think was her last clutch,except there is only one egg and it is 3/4 the size of the regular size.She laid that egg 2 weeks ago.Now she is shaking and I have a book that says that it might be from calicum deficaincy,but i always dust my crickets,and help please?
P.S. I have 2 golden harley babies for sale!

08/31/11  10:06pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Posted5   In reference to Message Id: 2235246

Shaking Crested gecko

I would check her calcium sacks in her mouth- and not breed her a while. Back to back clutches over time will deplete her of calcium big time, as well as other needed nutrients. Shaking is a sign of MBD, but Id get her to a vet to be sure. PS, Please use the appropriate forum for any rehoming/sales as breeders here dont advertise their animals as per the TOS you signed to join the forum. Out of respect for them, please dont use this as a sales forum. Thanks!

09/18/11  09:13pm

Ento890
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2237447

Shaking Crested gecko

Shaking or seizures is usually a sign of MBD (metabolic bone disease). If she is shaking, a vet appointment should be made so she can get a good amount of calcium in her. She may be beyond dusting crickets in calcium and need something stronger and quicker.

BTW, laying two clutches in a row is not a bad thing. A healthy well calcified female should be able to 6-8 clutches with only a little bit of weight lost in a season. I have my girls on their 5th-6th clutch and are well calcified and great body weight.

09/18/11  10:58pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Ento890   In reference to Message Id: 2237462

Shaking Crested gecko

Thanks Ento for the info on breeding. I havent bred yet, Floyd has no mate (yet)- I had read somewhere its not good to overbreed your females because of MBD- dont remember the source now.

09/19/11  08:48am

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area