Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Crested Forum

Kaylawayla09   Syrus   Fairy Frog Mother   Orchidswan09   Fairy Frog Mother   Kaylawayla09   Fairy Frog Mother   Kaylawayla09  
 Member  Message

Kaylawayla09
View Profile

HIS NEW TREAT!!!!

my crestie has tried his new food today!!!!! baby food applesauce, it is organic with no sugar or bad stuff in it, i gave him only a little today but he totally loves it! id recomend it for all cresties! hes been more active after i gave him that
!

08/18/11  08:56pm

Syrus
View Profile

Message To: Kaylawayla09   In reference to Message Id: 2233268

HIS NEW TREAT!!!!

Thats great! I will have to try it

Just keep in mind, its not nutritionally balanced

09/26/11  06:47am

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Syrus   In reference to Message Id: 2238231

HIS NEW TREAT!!!!

Apples are extremely high in natural sugars. Be very careful that your pet does not get too much in its diet and becomes hooked on it instead of its balanced crested gecko diet or you will run the risk of it getting metabolic bone disorder. Organic and no sugar added is great for people, but really...in nature they would be getting fruit fly maggots in with the over ripe fruit.

09/28/11  01:09pm

Orchidswan09
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2238449

HIS NEW TREAT!!!!

lol this is my new account(im kaylawayla09) i just forgot my password. yeah i only give it to him like every saturday.

10/07/11  03:37pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Orchidswan09   In reference to Message Id: 2239564

HIS NEW TREAT!!!!

They, like us can become addicted to the sugars in it- Should be fine unless he starts refusing his regular food if its just once a week.

10/10/11  10:24am

Kaylawayla09
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2239862

HIS NEW TREAT!!!!

its the ones with no added sugars or anything, just the regular apples itself

10/10/11  03:27pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Kaylawayla09   In reference to Message Id: 2239879

HIS NEW TREAT!!!!

As a Diabetic, I am aware that Sugar is not just the white powdery stuff you spoon into coffee, but it occurs naturally in fruits, veggies, and our bodies convert carbs into sugar naturally. Apples are one of the highest sugar fruits there are. (Grapes are pretty high up there too) Naturally sweet they make for a GREAT sugar substitute in baking.

Not saying dont treat your baby once in a while. Just sayin Apples have more sugar- added or not- and are naturally very sweet- tempting young geckos into craving sweets- like human kids on a cupcake binge! Hehee
IF the gecko still eats his normal foods and doesnt refuse them for said treat, rock on! Theres absolutely nothin to worry bout then. If it starts to lay off the other food in favor of the treat- personally Id take away the treat. (You prolly would too. Im stating all this info for the kids on this forum who might think its a great idea to feed em all the time that its not a wise idea, and why- not meaning to beat a dead horse so to speak.)

10/17/11  09:05am

Kaylawayla09
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2240839

HIS NEW TREAT!!!!

yeah he isnt addicted. hes still a pig with his crickets like every other week

10/17/11  09:21pm

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area