Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Geckos-Crested Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Unbreakable61987   Unbreakable61987   Maggie_Mae   Fairy Frog Mother   Orange cresty  

Member  Message

Unbreakable61987
View Profile

BROKEN NECK?!!!

I’ve has my crested for about 6 months and today he fell out of the branches he hides in. I think he may have broken his neck because instantly he looked like he was dead his legs curled up, his mouth opened and his tongue flapped out of it. I instantly picked him up and he woke up out of it. He hasnt moved after ths and I’m starting to get really worried. It’s too late tonight to take him to a vet. WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!??

08/14/11  11:15pm

Unbreakable61987
View Profile

Message To: Unbreakable61987   In reference to Message Id: 2232858

BROKEN NECK?!!!

Thought people would care more on this site. O well, for anyone wondering he passed during the night. R.I.P tree miester

08/15/11  09:52pm

Maggie_Mae
View Profile

Message To: Unbreakable61987   In reference to Message Id: 2232929

BROKEN NECK?!!!

It’s not that we dont care. This thread can just be very slow. Im sorry for your loss, accidents happen :( I’ve had a few happen to my animals before.

08/16/11  07:48pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Maggie_Mae   In reference to Message Id: 2233030

BROKEN NECK?!!!

Im sorry for the loss of your pet. I understand the attachment we have to our animals is one that can cause us to react very emotionally. And, accidents really suck. Ive not known a gecko to just fall out of a branch and break its neck. A very sad and tragic occurrence to be sure.

I however will not accept blame for the fact you didnt take your pet to an emergency vet and instead chose to post for information on a website thinking somehow a bunch of strangers who are a mix of kids, collectors and breeders will be able to perform a miracle cure, and then get mad when we dont post for 22 hours. Sorry I am a bit busy with my house being painted while I am undergoing chemo for Uterine cancer (we all have our stuff we are going through-but thats why Im around less) and wasnt here every minute awaiting your post so I could answer in timely fashion.

09/19/11  08:58am

Orange cresty
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2237495

BROKEN NECK?!!!

i am really sorry for your loss how big is your tank?i mean u must have a pretty big 1 if it can fall and brake his neck. in a 20 gallon i really dont no how that could happen sense it is only like a 3 inch fall.

01/04/12  12:30am

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area