Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Crested Forum

AndreaPurple   AndreaPurple   Posted5   Fairy Frog Mother   Syrus  
 Member  Message

AndreaPurple
View Profile

Is my Cresty going insane?

Ok, we have a crested Gecko that we got about a yr ago, someone just didnt want him anymore so we took him. They told us at the time that he was 10 yrs old. So that would make him 11 now. I’m thinking he might even be older then that.
Anyway, he’s never been very friendly or social. He runs away if you try to pick him up and when you do get hold of him he squirms or jumps away and most of the time will pee on you. But he’s never been a biter.
So a couple days ago I went to put his food in his cage and came running up my arm and bit down on my hand and would not let go, and held on for a good minute. He didnt brake the skin or anything but this was just so unusual. And now when he sees you coming he comes right over to the door and waits. And when I put my hand up to the glass he jumps at it and tries to bite it.
Is he going crazy or just getting old and cranky?

07/30/11  09:26pm

AndreaPurple
View Profile

Message To: AndreaPurple   In reference to Message Id: 2231107

ANYONE?
Someone told me it was just old age, that he’s just becoming a cranky old man! lol
Anyone else agree or disagree or have other input?

08/01/11  09:21pm

Posted5
View Profile

Message To: AndreaPurple   In reference to Message Id: 2231371

That does seem unusual.My male is jumpy to but not like this.Maybe he adapted to biting your hand because he thinks your a predator and he is scared.Its probably outta fear and the only thing you can do is to try handleing more (even thought it pees on your and skwirms) and actually i came up with a second,you can go to your vet if your super concerned but I wouldnt think much of it.

09/03/11  01:07am

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Posted5   In reference to Message Id: 2235510

Ive never had issues with mine even attempting to bite me. It will eat off a spoon if offered... odd. Sounds territorial to me too.

09/18/11  09:10pm

Syrus
View Profile

Message To: AndreaPurple   In reference to Message Id: 2231107

Are you able to feed it CGD with a spoon before he started running up to the glass? I know i have had some that would associate me with food to the point they would bite my hand

09/26/11  06:36am

Back to Geckos-Crested Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area