Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Breeding Forum

Plastikman01   Crestielove418   Plastikman01   RubberDuckey273  
 Member  Message

Plastikman01
View Profile

Crested & Moorish Gecko Cross Breed?

I have a Crested, Moorish and Fan-Footed Gecko in one terrarium who all get along just fine.

When I woke up this morning, there was an egg next to the water dish! I’m suspecting that the Crested Gecko laid the egg and mated with the Moorish since the fan footed is so small.

Has anyone ever heard of a Crested Gecko breeding with a different species? I will incubate the egg by following my gecko books, but any advice/tips would be much appreciated since I have never done this before!

01/27/10  12:54pm

Crestielove418
View Profile

Message To: Plastikman01   In reference to Message Id: 2117833

thats very odd.. but take good care of it cause u could be the first to breed a crested gecko/moorish gecko hybrid. GOOD LUCK!

01/27/10  01:02pm

Plastikman01
View Profile

Message To: Crestielove418   In reference to Message Id: 2117836

Thanks. I was not expecting this at all. Have you bread any of your Crested Gecko’s before? I will have to make an incubator because I can’t find one for sale in any of my local pet shops.

01/27/10  02:27pm

RubberDuckey273
View Profile

Message To: Plastikman01   In reference to Message Id: 2117854

honestly, i’ve heard there is a lot more to breeding hybrids than just putting some geckos together.

still, try incubating the egg and see if anything hatches. more likely then not though, its probably just an unfertilized egg, since many females will lay those when not mating.

01/29/10  10:30pm

Back to Geckos-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area