Back to Geckos-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Breeding Forum

Randomstar207   Leah123   LeoBreeder348   Leah123  
 Member  Message

Randomstar207
View Profile

Problems breeding leopard geckos

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem before:

I decided to introduce my one of my females into a male’s cage, in the hopes that they would mate. To my surprise, the male completely ignored the female. I left her in there for three hours and then returned her to her own cage. I’m going to try again this evening. I was just wondering if anyone’s ever encountered this before. From the research I’ve done I just expected him to at least go and check her out. He just acted like she wasn’t there. He’s got a clean bill of health, they both do. I took them both to the vet before introducing them just to be sure. I don’t know what the problem could be.

02/11/09  10:52am

Leah123
View Profile

Message To: Randomstar207   In reference to Message Id: 1950937

Put the male into the females tank. He will notice the different enviroment, lick to smell where he is and get a huge wiff of female! That should work. When i went to put my SHTCT leo in with a female, i didnt even get to put him down before he had bitten my finger because he though it was a female! lol

goodluck

xoLeah

05/16/09  12:12pm

LeoBreeder348
View Profile

Message To: Leah123   In reference to Message Id: 2005673

Hey, Im having almost the same problem. My female leo doesnt ovulate. Also, I put them in a neutral area and the male tries put the female just ignores him and bites him. What do i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06/16/10  10:21am

Leah123
View Profile

Message To: LeoBreeder348   In reference to Message Id: 2156207

I had that problem when i first started. The breeder i bought from said that she was old enough to breed but she wasnt. I had to wait another 5 months till she would accept the male. Its just a waiting game.

06/16/10  07:02pm

Back to Geckos-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area