Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Breeding Forum

Hummi   Smith710   Hummi   Smith710  
 Member  Message

Hummi
View Profile

Hatching?

I will start by saying I am not new to breeding reptiles, just new to breeding crested geckos. I found eggs about 5-6 weeks ago while cleaning my enclosure. Not a big deal. Set them up for incubation. About 5 days ago, 1 of them had a droplet of "goo" on it, so I figured it was getting ready to hatch, but nothing ever happened. Yesterday the other one had a large drop of the "goo" on it. I know it is from egg, but why? It is yellow compared to all the other eggs I have hatched being clear. I don’t know for sure when the eggs were laid, so I do not know when they should hatch. I was expecting to find little crested geckos the morning after the "goo", but nothing.

01/11/09  07:24pm

Smith710
View Profile

Message To: Hummi   In reference to Message Id: 1930542

Hatching?

Are you sure the eggs are fertile? Do you know how to candle them? 5-6 weeks of incubating is too short, unless you had them at way to high temperature.

01/12/09  07:31am

Hummi
View Profile

Message To: Smith710   In reference to Message Id: 1930855

Hatching?

I do know they are fertile for sure. They have been candled several times, even saw movement in them. I know 5-6 weeks is too short of an incubation time, but I do not know when they were laid. I had a lay box set up and monitored it closely, but they obviously didn’t like the box and laid them in the substrate. And since I don’t know which female even laid them, I have no clue as to how long they had been in there.

I also want to clarify the goo is a clear yellow, not a rotten egg yellow.

01/12/09  01:25pm

Smith710
View Profile

Message To: Hummi   In reference to Message Id: 1931004

Hatching?

I really have no clue then, I’ve never had anything like that happen to any of my eggs. If you find out, let us know what is going on. Good luck.

01/12/09  05:11pm

Back to Geckos-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area