Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Breeding Forum

Guggie   Elethia   Alejandrobracamontes   Ammeratsu   Ammeratsu  
 Member  Message

Guggie
View Profile

New species gecko

my giant day gecko mated with my tokay gecko, yes they live together and no they do not ever fight they sleep with each other. this morning the giant day laid 2 eggs, one which was eaten by something either crickets or another gecko, the other egg is safe and on a sponge with water underneath enclosed for protection but air holes are there. i have had the giant day gecko for 3 months, when i got her she was alone... they say after mating they lay eggs in about a month. theres no way that it took over 3 months for eggs to lay, she must have mated with the tokay. is this possible? if so i’ll call it a ToDay gecko hahaha.

09/27/08  05:23pm

Elethia
View Profile

Message To: Guggie   In reference to Message Id: 1869427

New species gecko

lol, sounds cool
i didnt know they could do dat

09/27/08  09:12pm

Alejandrobracamontes
View Profile

Message To: Elethia   In reference to Message Id: 1869628

New species gecko

i dont think so, actually female reptiles lay infertile eggs and that might be the case, if you wanna me sure grab a very small flashlight and put the egg in the bulb, if it does have blood vessels it might be fertile, also can be a parthogenic but really not sure, dont keep 2 species together, they have really different requeriments, if you wanna do the candling, (the egg and flashlight thing) google it for images and procedures to be sure, hope i helped, keep us posted, Alex.

09/30/08  12:19am

Ammeratsu
View Profile

Message To: Alejandrobracamontes   In reference to Message Id: 1871188

New species gecko

That’s not possible. It’s just not. Besides, those geckos wouldn’t even have the instinct to make contact with each other. I bet they’re infertile.

12/03/08  07:36pm

Ammeratsu
View Profile

Message To: Ammeratsu   In reference to Message Id: 1908743

New species gecko

Dang this thread is old. xDD My bad. I didn’t realize it was so old.

12/03/08  09:19pm

Back to Geckos-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area