Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Breeding Forum

Deirdre   Hummi  
 Member  Message

Deirdre
View Profile

Leopard Geckos not breeding :(

I just got a male leopard gecko about 4 days ago who is about the same age as my female of 2 years. I introduced them and the male has been with her since that time and they still seem to have no interest in each other. If anything, they try to get away from each other...I am positive that they are a male and female gecko and the previous owner of the male gecko said he has had eggs with another female before so I don’t know what is wrong. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks.

08/08/08  04:48am

Hummi
View Profile

Message To: Deirdre   In reference to Message Id: 1823706

Leopard Geckos not breeding :(

Just because you have a male and female does not mean they will automatically breed. The first mistake you made was getting a new male and putting him with your female before a quarentine period. Hopefully he is not sick in any way and doesn’t give anything to your female. Second, you haven’t even given him a chance to adjust to a new environment. Third, maybe your female is just not receptive to him? Having a male and female is just the first step to breeding, not the only step. Let your male get settled in inside his own enclosure. Get the Leopard Gecko Manual, read it, then start over with the whole breeding idea.

08/10/08  02:45am

Back to Geckos-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area