Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Breeding Forum

Braverducky   Alleycatt   Randomstar207   Smith710   Cdubb81  
 Member  Message

Braverducky
View Profile

Home made incubators

I have an 11 year old gecko who unfortunatly got pregnant not too long ago. She’s very small compared to most adult leopard geckos and as you can see she’s really old. When she became pregnant she got pretty sick and had alot of trouble shedding and digesting food. Yesterday she had one egg and it was infertile. From experience I know more eggs will probably come and if they’re fertile I’d like to hatch them. The last time I had breeding leopard geckos was probably about 10 years ago and I’m just wondering if there’s any new technology for homemade incubators. I live in the high northern ontario so it costs alot too much to get a commercial incubartor shipped to me.
Any new substrates or methods?

04/20/08  08:24pm

Alleycatt
View Profile

Message To: Braverducky   In reference to Message Id: 1710536

Home made incubators

i’m not sure about the incubator, but i use this stuff called hatchrite, it comes already mixed with water so that all you have to do is put it in the incubator, put the eggs in it and your set. but other than that i breed a completely different species of gecko so i can’t give any other advice. hope things work out!

04/24/08  01:30pm

Randomstar207
View Profile

Message To: Braverducky   In reference to Message Id: 1710536

Home made incubators

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/254463/how_to_make_a_simple_reptile_incubator.html?cat=53

That’s what I use...seems to have worked pretty well

02/11/09  10:57am

Smith710
View Profile

Message To: Randomstar207   In reference to Message Id: 1950940

Home made incubators

Quote:

I have an 11 year old gecko who unfortunatly got pregnant not too long ago.

I’m just curious as to how this "Unfortunate" incident happend.... If you didn’t want the gecko to get pregnant, wouldn’t the smart thing to do be not to house it with a male?

I don’t know about homemade incubators, but you can get hovabator incubators pretty cheap...

02/11/09  04:30pm

Cdubb81
View Profile

Message To: Smith710   In reference to Message Id: 1951074

Home made incubators

I’m sorry if this is a dumb question, but with the incubators that are store bought. All you have to do is buy that hatchrite? And you don’t have to do any of the water ratios to get to get the right humidity and stuff?

02/25/09  10:07am

Back to Geckos-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area