Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Garter-Ribbon Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Garter-Ribbon Snakes Forum

Mrs. froggie   Mrs. froggie   Mrs. froggie   Elsinore Rider   Elsinore Rider   CapeCobra   Kelso reptiles  
 Member  Message

Mrs. froggie
View Profile

What do baby garders eat??

Hey.

Ok. So... My friend found a baby garder outside of his house under some wood. I told him that baby garders eat day old or newborn pinki mice. He said no no, he can’t fit his mouth around that. So after about two weeks the baby went without eating. Gladly just yesterday he let it go. So I’d like to know, what do baby (hatchling) garder snakes eat? I know he will find more througout the summer because he has found four so far.

Thank you.

07/16/08  02:41pm

Mrs. froggie
View Profile

Message To: Mrs. froggie   In reference to Message Id: 1798081

You should have seen me. I was so ticked off because he said that he knew more about them than I did. He don’t know anything about reptiles or snakes. The reason why they did not want to go to the pet store and buy pinki mice was because his father said that pinki mice are to big and blah blah blah.

This poor little snake had a very sucky and did not had the right care for the two weeks he was with my friend.

30 gallon tank
grass from out side
a few branches
dirt

That is all this poor little snake had. Uh! I just felt like I wanted to kill him. He made me so mad!!!!

He even tryed to feed that snake some crickets, which is a big no no. I told him not to. So he force fed him crickets from out side. Uh!!!! Retard much.

07/16/08  02:46pm

Mrs. froggie
View Profile

Message To: Mrs. froggie   In reference to Message Id: 1798088

Anyone??

07/16/08  04:57pm

Elsinore Rider
View Profile

Message To: Mrs. froggie   In reference to Message Id: 1798292

They definately can’t eat pinkies as a newborn. Small guppies or pieces of trout and earthworms work best.

07/16/08  10:27pm

Elsinore Rider
View Profile

Message To: Elsinore Rider   In reference to Message Id: 1798707

Also, garters don’t hatch. They give live birth.

07/16/08  10:37pm

CapeCobra
View Profile

Message To: Elsinore Rider   In reference to Message Id: 1798719

Baby Garter’s can eat small earthworms. He should eat them.

03/01/10  09:00pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: Elsinore Rider   In reference to Message Id: 1798719

YES YOU ARE RIGHT THEY ARE BORN LIVE I FOUND THAT OUT THE HARD WAY I ONCE CAUT ONE AND IT WAS PREGNENT AND I DIDINT KNOW I THOUGHT IT JUST ATE THEN IT GOT OUT OF ITS CAGE AND I COULDENT FIND IT THEN I LIFTED UP A BUNCH OF CLOTHS AND A BUNCH ATLEST 80 SNAKE CAME SLITHERING OUT LOL

02/16/11  07:43pm

Back to Garter-Ribbon Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area