Frogs Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Reptilegirl15   Takahiro111   Chloedog  

Member  Message

Reptilegirl15
View Profile

Help My Fire Bellies!!

Help me please I have a 35 gallon aquarium and this is where I house my fire bellies, I lost one a couple of weeks ago with no outward appearance, I immediately took everyone else out and cleaned the entire cage I even boiled the rocks to kill any bacteria that cold have caused this. Then they all seemed fine. Yesterday when I fed them I noticed that one was sitting with his legs stretched out as they sometimes do in the water but he was almost in the land part of the slope, I didn’t see him specifically eat but he looked ok other than that. Then this morning he looked dead dried out looking just s the other one did. I have worked n the pet industry and keep a variety of animals healthy and this has me baffled. As I said there has been no outward apperances of sickness, just fine and then dried up and dead looking..(dead) Please help me I don’t want to lose any more frogs.. I don’t understand what is wrong!!

10/15/14  01:34pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Reptilegirl15   In reference to Message Id: 2310340

Help My Fire Bellies!!

I’m a lizard and snake owner so I asked my cousin who has diffrent colored poison dart frogs and he said to seperate them because one was probably sick and spreaded it to the others.

10/15/14  11:38pm

Chloedog
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2310353

Help My Fire Bellies!!

Definitely quarantine the seemingly sick one if you can! I just did a little research on this, and somebody suggested checking the water quality. Do you use a filter? Perhaps having one would help. There was a different situation in which somebody revived a fire bellied toad by soaking them in water and using an aerator to oxygenate the water. I have no clue if that would even help. I have a couple of fire bellied toads, but I only got them a week ago and have had minimal problems. Sorry that I couldn’t help more, good luck!

01/04/15  08:22pm

Back to Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area