Frogs Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

KushOMalley   KushOMalley  

Member  Message

KushOMalley
View Profile

Newbie Firebelly Toad Owner

Hello all, glad to be here! Hope all is well with everyone.
I recently bought two firebelly toads on a bit of an impulse...I know, incredibly stupid. As much my fault as the store, though they cant make sure everyone knows everything I suppose...
Anyway, I have my two buddies in a 10 gallon glass aquarium with rocks and moss on one side and water throughout the rest. water to land ratio is about 70percent water and 30 percent land. I have one heater meant for a 1 to 10 gallon tank, dont remember the brand but they seem to be happy with it. They are eating healthily and are rather active, chirping up a storm most days. I don’t know if both are male, because I cant tell if the chirping is just one or the other, though they have been seeming to mate. Idk if they are, but the smaller one will get behind the big one in the water and wrap his arms around its back legs and chirp ALOT, then theyll swim apart and start again a few minutes later usually. Today I noticed that they were... i guess the best way to describe it was hugging stomach to stomach, the big one on its back in the water. Theyve done this twice today. The big one doesnt seem to resist or flee, so i just really dont know. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Im working on getting a video to help in figuring this out.

This weekend I am getting a small tank divider and getting everything set up so i can have fish in one side and dirt on the other, get some plants growing. What plants do yall recommend and what fish are good with these guys? also, what type of bedding should i have on the plant side?

Once again, glad to be here and I appreciate any and all advice. I won’t give up on these guys, I will make them comfortable and give them a fantastic life, the best that I can. I know I was stupid in buying any animal on impulse, but I will rectify that mistake by making this place the best place in the world for my two new buddies.

Have a good one!

09/19/13  10:12pm

KushOMalley
View Profile

Message To: KushOMalley   In reference to Message Id: 2301231

Newbie Firebelly Toad Owner

hmm... guess this isn’t the best site for answers. later yall

09/22/13  10:11am

Back to Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area