Frogs Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Grubgobbler   The Lone Glider   Crotus   The Lone Glider   Chorusfrog  

Member  Message

Grubgobbler
View Profile

PLEASE HELP ME BABY FROGS NOT EATING!

OK so i found these frog eggs in a puddle that was almost dry(it dried up the next day) and i put them in a small fish tank, and they’ve hatched into a large swarm of chorus frog tadpoles.theyve grown like mad in the warmth of the house(the eggs outside have’nt evan hatched yet!) one of them has transformed into a small frog so i moved him to a critter keeper with half land half water, but hes not eating the termites and aphid’s I’m giving him. so, any ideas? he is about the size of lincolns head on a penny.

04/16/13  05:49pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Grubgobbler   In reference to Message Id: 2295754

offer the smallest size of crickets you can and flightless fruit flies. He/she should eat then.

04/16/13  06:50pm

Crotus
View Profile

Yes I agree with Glider, they need very tiny bugs, even termites may be too big for them at this stage... use fruit flies, aphids etc and just drop them in for the baby frogs to hunt. Don’t worry if you don’t actually see them doing it; often they like to hide during the day and do their hunting at night under cover of darkness.

04/17/13  12:55pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Crotus   In reference to Message Id: 2295794

I’m glad you agree Crotus.:) I also forgot to mention out of all the tree frogs I’ve owned the CF’s eat a lot so make sure you feed them as much as they can eat. and make sure pray isn’t too big because frogs like to stuff things into their mouths even if its too big. They also have very pretty songs. :) enjoy the little ones.:)

04/17/13  11:00pm

Chorusfrog
View Profile

He probably can’t see the bugs. I would try to catch wild small crickets for them, it is what I did, and my chorus frog is happy and healthy!

07/05/15  04:07pm

Back to Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area