Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Frogs Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Frogfreak$   The Lone Glider   Frogfreak$   The Lone Glider   Frogfreak$   The Lone Glider   Frogfreak$   The Lone Glider  

Member  Message

Frogfreak$
View Profile

Fbt tank

I have two fire belly toads in a 10 gallon long and was wondering if there is anything they need in there tank. I got 100% organic potting soil as a substrate and a water bowl. There is also a cave they can hide in.

03/15/13  06:05pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Frogfreak$   In reference to Message Id: 2293820

Fbt tank

You could put some moss in it too, they seem to like that. and make sure they have a fairly big water dish because they love to swim and will spend a lot of time in the water. I used a pothos plant in mine, but it was a bigger tank and I had more.. Lol. Other then adding some moss it sounds okay. NO small rocks.. They often try to eat it and it will choke them.

03/15/13  10:05pm

Frogfreak$
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2293826

Fbt tank

Thanks for your help and do you know what kind of
Moss they like? And I was wondering if you know anything about my frog turning black

03/15/13  10:24pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Frogfreak$   In reference to Message Id: 2293833

Fbt tank

Ahhh.. Terrarium Moss, forest moss, green moss, Sphagnum moss, Lol. and then these live green tree moss, Live mood moss, and sheet moss I use a mixture. It kinda depends on how big the enclosure and where you wanna get it. I get my live moss from Joshs frogs. and any other kinds I just go to petco. Depends if you wanna have UVB on ’em too. They can change because they are going to shed, the light is different, the temp is different, just about any reason. No need to be worried though as long as that is the only problem. Any other questions?:)

03/15/13  10:44pm

Frogfreak$
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2293834

Fbt tank

I was also wondering why my frog doesn’t bark anymore. I use to have in a mostly water set up and they would always bark. Now they don’t even jump on each other any more

03/15/13  10:52pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Frogfreak$   In reference to Message Id: 2293835

Fbt tank

That could be for any number of reasons.. Lol. They could just be barking at night or a time when you aren’t there, they could be doing it because they are in a new place and are getting use to it. The more water with these ones the better! They love it!!:) just give them a few days to settle in. After they do they will start again and probably won’t be quiet.:) If they both bark they are both most likely males.

03/15/13  11:01pm

Frogfreak$
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2293837

Fbt tank

When I had them in water the brown one would always jump on the green ones back and the green one would swim with the brown one on its back. Does that mean the green one is a girl

03/15/13  11:18pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Frogfreak$   In reference to Message Id: 2293838

Fbt tank

Hte only way to tell is if they bark. when they bark that means boy. they all do what you said whether it be male or female.

03/16/13  02:43am

Back to Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area