Frogs Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Herpseeker   The Lone Glider   Herpseeker   The Lone Glider  

Member  Message

Herpseeker
View Profile

Pacman frogs

I’m thinking about getting a pacman frog someday, i heard you have to feed them mice but i heard you’re not suppose to. I don’t know if i can feed a mouse to a frog.

01/28/13  08:27pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Herpseeker   In reference to Message Id: 2290743

Pacman frogs

You don’t necessarily have to, it is heather for them if you do, the bones of the mouse give nutrition and calcium to the frog. You can also give them minnows, or gold fish for that too. I give a mouse/minnow every 2 and a half weeks. mine also get earth worms, meal worms, super worms, duba roaches, crickets, and silk worms. But you have to watch size with each of these items and your frog. Pacmans will eat small birds,lizards and pretty much anything they can fit in their mouth. I would not suggest giving birds and lizards though, they get all they need from the other stuff. Any more questions? Pacman frogs are (to me) the best land frogs. and My babies are very active as they get older i notice they tend to get slower though. Lol. But very fun to watch during lunch time. :)

01/30/13  01:09pm

Herpseeker
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2290909

Pacman frogs

Thank you for the response, i know they need a water conditioner but i’m unsure of what kind to use. i use reptsafe for my tiger salamander and was told that it wasn’t safe and that i should use prime.

02/05/13  10:36am

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Herpseeker   In reference to Message Id: 2291342

Pacman frogs

I use to use Tetra EasyBalance Water Treatment or was it TetraAqua Water Clarifier? one or the other, its used for Fish. But I am so far away from the nearest store that I just started getting huge pots of water, boiling the water cooling it off and putting it in milk jugs. and keep it it that way giving 24 hours before I use it. And You are welcome. I have use to breed Pacmans. I started when I was 5. and just quit. They are great frogs. Some of them very mouthy, and others like sweet little angels.:)

02/05/13  06:09pm

Back to Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area