Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Frogs Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Reptictale92   SilverRaiyne   Reptictale92   SilverRaiyne   Reptictale92   The Lone Glider   Reptictale92   The Lone Glider   Reptictale92   The Lone Glider   Reptictale92   The Lone Glider   Reptictale92   The Lone Glider   Reptictale92   The Lone Glider   Reptictale92   The Lone Glider   Reptictale92   The Lone Glider   Jokerlover93   Reptictale92   The Lone Glider   The Lone Glider   Jokerlover93   Reptictale92   The Lone Glider   Reptictale92   The Lone Glider   Reptictale92  
Pages 1 2 Next

Member  Message

Reptictale92
View Profile

Update. Picture of frogs an thier cage!

I got 4 Pacman frogs 1 brown(Hoss), 1 albino(choppers), 1 green ornate(Green lanteren), and 1 brown ornate(Little foot). They are all male the Albino an green ornate are eating hoppers an fish an the brown and brown ornate are my smaller ones an they are on fuzzies an worms an bugs. The first pic is the brown and his cage, 2nd is the albino and his cage, third is the green ornate an his cage, an fourth is the brown ornate an his cage. Choppers as to be the one with the most additude always trying to bite my fingures when I try to change his water. Enjoy.

Hoss & Cage

Chopper & Cage

Green Lateren & Cage

Little Foot & Cage

Thier Cages remain at a good 70-75 degrees an humidity is at a constint 70%

09/07/12  07:41pm

SilverRaiyne
View Profile

Message To: Reptictale92   In reference to Message Id: 2279340

oh your poor frogs, i can’t believe you call those their cages, i really hope you only mean temporary cages until they’re no longer juveniles. this is a frog tank...give them room to move around and places to explore, not just some small little tupper-ware dish with a water bowl and single plant.

09/08/12  02:01pm

Reptictale92
View Profile

Message To: SilverRaiyne   In reference to Message Id: 2279413

Ok you do know pac Man frogs don’t move at all right?? And with a tank it is little to no use to hold heat or humidity. From your picture looks like you have PDF (Poison dart frogs) can be wrong now those types of frogs do need some space for the fact they like to climb. Do you own a pac man frog?

09/08/12  03:40pm

SilverRaiyne
View Profile

Message To: Reptictale92   In reference to Message Id: 2279418

nope, but if i did i’d sure as hell give them more than just a tupperware dish, regardless of whether they move around and use the space, it’s still more aesthetically pleasing.

09/09/12  02:12pm

Reptictale92
View Profile

Message To: SilverRaiyne   In reference to Message Id: 2279540

I dont buy animals of any kind to show them off to people. They eat like crazy an I have no health problems with them at all it works. An if you never had one why talk on one?

09/09/12  10:38pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Reptictale92   In reference to Message Id: 2279717

I have had PMF’s for 10 years now, and I use those plastic containers.. though mine are bigger so they need bigger, but for now, i see nothing wrong with it.. I use plastic containers usually longer then wide and have mine on a rack system. But they do need some more plants.. like 2 more and it would be fine. And a hide box would help too. I have one for each of mine and they like to sit in it while their crickets go to them. :) your diet seems fine though. I feed mine night Crawlers, Crickets and Mealworms and they enjoy it. They are Beautiful! amazing little ones! They look really healthy!

09/20/12  11:17pm

Reptictale92
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2280954

Thank you and the plants in the cage got big I am always trimming it. I will be moving the two bigger ones to a 4ft long by 2 ft tub in a few. An as for hides I never seen no use for it. They go as deep as they can an I don’t usually see them tell they get hungry again hahaha.

09/21/12  12:13am

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Reptictale92   In reference to Message Id: 2280962

Thats good. I just always found all of my animals liked to go hide under something. All of the little frogs I have raised and the bigger ones seemed to like it. but the plants are the main thing. It helps them feel more secure. instead of in an open area. and they do like the warmer water.. I use heat pads and put it under there, it stays at one temp and they love it.

09/21/12  11:34am

Reptictale92
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2280998

Update. Picture of frogs an their cage!

I do the same with the heat pad. Keeps everything where I need it at. I am also breeding these guys as well. Looking for another female though is hard.

09/21/12  11:36am

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Reptictale92   In reference to Message Id: 2280999

If you need help with knowing how to breed them, I would be glad to help.:)

09/21/12  06:36pm

Reptictale92
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2281050

I would like to know everything you can tell me on breeding them. I would appreciate it alot.

09/21/12  09:05pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Reptictale92   In reference to Message Id: 2281057

I always give mine a 3 month break from breeding November to February, then I feed them for about 2 months then I usually put them in a 40 gallon breeder tank with several hides and a lot of different plants and 2 huge water dishes, with a heat pad under both, and I put a fogger in there and keep them fed, then she usually lays eggs in the water dish of her choice. It can very time wise when she lays. but that is what I do. It seems to help them. but everyone does it differently. I have a friend that breeds them and he does it a completely different way. So, You should research what other people do, and try different things. It also depends on the frog.. Some of mine prefer moss in their water and have to have it at a certain degree or she won’t lay.. and another prefers to be misted instead of having a fogger... so Just kinda mess around with it. BUT WATCH CLOSELY... Sometimes the female doesn’t feel like mating and hurts the male.. She it is a very delicate process. My friend lost a few males that way.. and I lost one. So it something you really need to consider before breeding..

09/22/12  12:16am

Reptictale92
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2281069

Yeah I was am doing a crap load of reading before doing so. I wanna make sure my males are as big as they can.

09/22/12  12:23am

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Reptictale92   In reference to Message Id: 2281072

good. make sure to post pics of the little ones.:)

09/22/12  12:29am

Reptictale92
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2281073

Sure will. I plan on getting one of those black eyed female I saw for sale a while ago.

09/22/12  12:52am

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Reptictale92   In reference to Message Id: 2281076

That’s cool. Remember though, do NOT change the water the eggs are layed in it is very dangerous and the tads can and will die like that..

09/22/12  12:02pm

Reptictale92
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2281110

I dont know if you ever breed oscars, but when you breed them you take the rock or slate out an put it in a bucket with an air pumb. Would I do something like that with the frogs eggs?

09/22/12  12:58pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Reptictale92   In reference to Message Id: 2281118

No.. Never breed Oscars.. I have bred Pacman Frogs, FBT’s, Bumble Bee Toads, Cockatiels, Finches, Leopard Geckos, Parakeets, Rats, Mice, Snakes, Death Starker Scorpions. And that’s all. Lol. Right now I am consentrating on Pacs, Balls, and Leos. But never Oscars. Lol.

09/22/12  01:40pm

Reptictale92
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2281120

Lol I have been breeding fish, reptiles, snakes, and now turn my attention to pacmans. I got scared when I read the female could eat the male.

09/22/12  02:43pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Reptictale92   In reference to Message Id: 2281121

Yeah.. That’s a big turn off... Lol. But just be careful. and know your frog. If she gets upset, remove him immediately and put him back when she cools down.. I don’t have a camera or i’d send you pics.. maybe I can pick one up? I will look into it. I usually prefer a tank for breeding, as it give more space and once the eggs are layed and hatched, they have a tank till they get a little bigger and put in a container. Mine feed Mainly on Night Crawlers that I grow and On Crickets. your frogs are beauts and will make great little ones!

09/22/12  04:09pm

Jokerlover93
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2281129

i see this is a serious pac man thread so i was hopeing that i could ask some questions on how to make my little waka more happy. right now he is in a 5 gallon aquarium and i really want to move him out of it but i dont really know where to start if you guys could help me out on the type of substrate, how to keep the humidity and heat, and what you feed your babies and how often. I have been asking everyone that i can think of about pac man frogs but i have yet to get a reliable source or even found a website or magazine that says more then keep em’ moist and feed them bugs....

Please and thank you!!!!

09/22/12  04:24pm

Reptictale92
View Profile

Message To: Jokerlover93   In reference to Message Id: 2281131

Joker look at the set up I have that is perfect for babies. Add more plants and hides if wanted. Put a heat pad I use one that people use under there cage. Diet for a baby crickets, roaches, earthworms, meal worms, and every now an then a pinky.

09/22/12  05:09pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Jokerlover93   In reference to Message Id: 2281131

Hello, and Welcome. I can help. I keep mine in Clear Plastic Tubs about 10-Gallon (40-Quart) Stacker Storage Bins From Walmart. a water dish 4-5 plants a hide (rock in the water dish and a heating pad under it) Coco Coir Bedding(in brick form you get more that way) several inches. 4-5 usually. and Peat Moss. I keep temps about 70-85 with near 80% humidity. I feed mine night Crawler(worms) and Crickets both of which I grow and gut load myself. and it depends how old.. Babies I feed 2-3 dusted Crickets every 2-3 days. It depends on the frog.. You will have to see what your frog likes, Any more Questions?

09/22/12  05:15pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2281137

and 1-2 worms 1 or 2 times a week... Lol.

09/22/12  05:15pm

Jokerlover93
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2281138

Well I keep getting this weird white what i suspect is algea or some kind of weird stuff in his cage. Should i get him a lid with the plastic and keep it on and with the heat pad should it always be on or should i only put it on at certain times?? I have been feeding him dusted crikets and he was eating pinkies but i took him off of it because he started changing colors and i just assumed that was the problem. I will take pictures and post tomorrow and I would love any feed back good or bad cause it all helps. I have had FBT’s before and I am just worried about my new baby they are so different from other frogs. So in a nut shell here are some questions i can think of at the moment.
How to keep the cage clean?
How much water needs to be in the cage?
Heat and Humidity?
what plants are okay to use in cage?
Why did my guy change colors?
Pictures will come tomorrow
Thanks again!!!

09/22/12  11:45pm

Reptictale92
View Profile

Message To: Jokerlover93   In reference to Message Id: 2281168

The white stuff if poop that you didn’t get. An the answers to your questions. How to keep cage clean? Just do some spot cleaning 3 days, How much water? A small bowl so it cant drown shallow, Heat and humidity 75 heat 75-80% humidity, Plants? You can use live or fake I use an Ivory plant, Color change? I will do that as he gets older its normal.

09/23/12  12:52am

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Jokerlover93   In reference to Message Id: 2281168

okay, How much did he change color? I feed mine a pinky or gold fish once every 2 weeks, becuase then I don’t have to buy the calcium dust. And that is because the bones of the fish and pinky are enough calcium for the frog. Cage cleaning, I just spot clean every wfew days and completely change the bedding every month. I just have a little water dish big enough for the frog to get in and have some room. heat about 75-85 is what my frogs like with 80% humidity. and the moss will help keep that up. I never use a lid. I put the heat pad under the water dish 24/7. Pothus plants are okay and are what I use. There are alot of reasons why he could have changed color.. If you are going to feed him pinkys or gold fish, then don’t use calcium dust.. too much calcium that cold have been the reason.. Each frog has his/her own preference. One of mine likes 75 temp and another likes 80. I don’t let it go below 75 though..

09/23/12  12:54am

Reptictale92
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2281178

Lone glider you shouldn’t feed gold fish. The have a lot of bacteria that comes with them an it can hurt your frog. I feed my frogs cut up Talpia, Bass, Carpi, shrimp.

09/23/12  11:36am

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Reptictale92   In reference to Message Id: 2281193

I have been doing it for 10+ years with only the best effects and healthiest frogs.

09/23/12  03:42pm

Reptictale92
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2281202

I am just saying a a personal view point its not good to feed gold fish if there are better options. I dont even feed gold fish to my other fish.

09/23/12  05:17pm

Pages 1 2 Next

Back to Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area