Frogs Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

NathanLFC   Mr Aquarium   NathanLFC   The Lone Glider  

Member  Message

NathanLFC
View Profile

HELP

i was thinking about just getting normal frogs from the pet store in the pet shop there just in water theres no land and i was wondering if i get some would they survive in my room it gets very hot in there and not sure if they would be able to live in there?

08/10/12  12:16pm

Mr Aquarium
View Profile

Message To: NathanLFC   In reference to Message Id: 2276361

HELP

What do you mean normal frogs? hard to anwer since their are so many different types of frogs and different care for them, What kind are you looking at?

08/12/12  07:43pm

NathanLFC
View Profile

Message To: Mr Aquarium   In reference to Message Id: 2276582

HELP

Its a dwarf frog im not sure if the heat in my room will kill them or not?

08/13/12  03:56pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: NathanLFC   In reference to Message Id: 2276651

HELP

This is What I suggest- Requirements: These fully aquatic Frogs are rather large and require a large aquarium. A 24x12x12" aquarium would be adequate for 2 adults or a 36x12x12" aquarium for a trio. They require a totally aquatic set-up, this can have a bare bottom for ease of cleaning and feeding or a substrate of smooth gravel or sand may be used. Furnishings such as large pebbles, crockery, and aquatic plants can be arranged to provide a number of hiding places. The water should be clean de-chlorinated or spring water at a depth of 8-30cm and will need to be filtered using an under-gravel filter or submersible power filter to avoid the build up of ammonia and bacteria in the water. Partial water changes should also be carried out at regular intervals. These frogs are very hardy and will cope well with a wide range of temperatures but for optimal care a water temperature of 21-25°C should be maintained with a guarded aquarium heater. Lighting is optional for these frogs but if live plants are being used it is advised to provide a low-wattage flourescent tube for upto 12 hours a day.

Feeding: Juvenile Clawed Frogs should be fed daily with a mixture of suitably sized foods including pellets, tubifex, bloodworm, grindalworm, whiteworm, chopped earthworm, chopped fish, chopped mussle & chopped prawn. Adult Clawed Frogs should be fed three times a week with a mixture of pellets, earthworms, bloodworm, slugs, maggots, bits of fish, and chunks of lean raw meat such as heart.
That is the care mine get.

09/21/12  11:50am

Back to Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area