Frogs Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

SilverRaiyne   Crotus   SilverRaiyne   SilverRaiyne  

Member  Message

SilverRaiyne
View Profile

New frog tank

hi everyone :-) haven’t been on in quite awhile, thought i’d finally stop by and show ya some of what i’ve done. i finally got around to setting up a new terrarium for my FBT’s, decided to go with a 50/50 set up with a waterfall

05/20/12  12:35pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: SilverRaiyne   In reference to Message Id: 2266976

New frog tank

Hey wow, looks awesome! I see you used a glass divider, my favorite method...

05/22/12  02:29pm

SilverRaiyne
View Profile

Message To: Crotus   In reference to Message Id: 2267274

New frog tank

haha, yup, totally took your advice. and i think it turned out great, the only problem...my fbt’s are scared of it, they refuse to go into the water :-( i’ve tried all sorts of stuff to get them to go into it and even turned off the waterfall for several days thinking that’s what they were scared of, but the still won’t go in, and if i put them in the water they immediately jump back out of it. so for now i’ve put their little water dish back in with them (which they both instantly jumped into). I’m thinking of maybe getting a few more fbt’s and maybe the new ones won’t be so set in their ways and will use the pond to show these two nut jobs that it’s perfectly safe and fun to swim in it.

05/27/12  12:58pm

SilverRaiyne
View Profile

Message To: SilverRaiyne   In reference to Message Id: 2267863

New frog tank

well, went and got two new fire belly toads to add to the group, pretty certain at least one of them is a female (even though i studied all the available fbt’s in the store until i was confident i was getting two females). feel bad for them tho, as soon as i put them into the tank with the boys the alfa male instantly had his way with them. thought he’d at least sing and serenade and try to win her over, but nope, i have male chauvinist pig frogs. but the one good thing, neither of the female frogs are scared of the pond or waterfall and i think they’ve figured out that the other two are because the girls hang out in the water or over on the waterfall rocks and the boys sit at the edge of the pond barking constantly to get the girls attention :-) lol, they’re definitely fun to watch. and i’m glad i looked into why my frogs were barking, for the longest time i didn’t even know it was them making the noise, i thought my neighbor had gotten an annoying little chihuahua, haha.

05/31/12  12:20am

Back to Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area