Frogs Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Blue eyed cutie   Crotus   Wowmastyx   SilverRaiyne   1212   Tata828  

Member  Message

Blue eyed cutie
View Profile

Poison Dart Frogs

Can you keep a poison dart frog in an all water environment?... what conditions do they prefer? it most have been reading that most people prefer a land environment, but personly i always like the water ook better, i just want to know what the frogs like better.

12/16/11  11:59am

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Blue eyed cutie   In reference to Message Id: 2247379

Poison Dart Frogs

Poison dart frogs come from a tropical rainforest environment so you need to duplicate this as best you can to keep them successfully... to be honest with you they are delicate creatures (expensive too) and need specialized care so are only really recommended for very experienced hobbyists... I myself have kept frogs for many years but have not yet been brave enough to try them!

12/22/11  10:30am

Wowmastyx
View Profile

Message To: Crotus   In reference to Message Id: 2248086

Poison Dart Frogs

poison dart frogs are not swimmers. they might soak in very shallow water where they can stand in with there legs only in the water. they dont have webbed feet so the will drown if they go into deep water.

01/29/12  11:20am

SilverRaiyne
View Profile

Message To: Wowmastyx   In reference to Message Id: 2253178

Poison Dart Frogs

do NOT put them in an aquatic environment!! they are terrestrial (ground) frogs. they prefer a very humid environment but not sitting or running water, so even tho a waterfall looks badass it’s not a good idea to put one in your dart enclosure. they can’t swim and sometimes will drown either themselves or other frogs in the water (they can get aggressive and go all UFC on each other). just keep them in a well drained terrarium (false bottom) and mist it everyday, they’ll drink the water off the plants.

02/05/12  03:43pm

View Profile

Poison Dart Frogs

i think you should check online

04/05/12  07:42am

Tata828
View Profile

Poison Dart Frogs

As everyone is saying NO u can’t! I had darts for years I got out of them due to my kids and now that they are getting older I’m slowly getting back in. Darts are not a beginner frog to say the least and in an aquatic tank with deep water they could drown YES frogs can drown....If u would like more info try dendroboard.com that’s the best dart forum around:)

05/19/12  03:19pm

Back to Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area