Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Frogs Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Imderrickjed   Crotus   Crotus   Jefwithonef005   Jefwithonef005   Mhd730399   The Lone Glider  

Member  Message

Imderrickjed
View Profile

Mixed living frogs and lizards

Before I give my background Ill share what frogs I have.
1 toad
3 fire belly frogs
1 walking frog
and 3 leopard geckos
All these guys live together
Id like to hear from some frog people then I can share more including pictures if needed.

03/28/11  05:55pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Imderrickjed   In reference to Message Id: 2211841

If I were you, I would separate the different species in tanks of their own because they have different habitat requirements. The leopard geckos, for instance, need a desert terrarium with a dry substrate (although it likes to have a hide spot with some moisture to assist in shedding). the firebelly toads are semiaquatic pond dwellers, and the toad needs a moist woodland setup. I havekept walking frogs (what species is it exactly?) but it also may have certain specific requirements... I would recommend that you set up some additional tanks to better cater to the special needs of each species.

03/29/11  01:35pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Crotus   In reference to Message Id: 2211977

If I were you, I would separate the different species in tanks of their own because they have different habitat requirements. The leopard geckos, for instance, need a desert terrarium with a dry substrate (although it likes to have a hide spot with some moisture to assist in shedding). the firebelly toads are semiaquatic pond dwellers, and the toad needs a moist woodland setup. I haven’t kept walking frogs (what species is it exactly?) but it also may have certain specific requirements... I would recommend that you set up some additional tanks to better cater to the special needs of each species.

03/29/11  01:37pm

Jefwithonef005
View Profile

Message To: Crotus   In reference to Message Id: 2211978

oh wow..i would nottt do that.

03/29/11  04:05pm

Jefwithonef005
View Profile

Message To: Jefwithonef005   In reference to Message Id: 2211998

Wait what size tank do you have? and arent fire bellys tiny and the geckos would eat them? please post a picture

03/30/11  12:15pm

Mhd730399
View Profile

Message To: Jefwithonef005   In reference to Message Id: 2212180

thats border lone animal cruilty

03/31/11  03:00pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Mhd730399   In reference to Message Id: 2212366

You really need to seperate all of those animals.. NO ANIMAL should EVER be mixed in with FBT’s! They have a toxin in them that will kill other animals.. for 3 I would put them in a 20 gallon long tank half water and half land with a filter for the water part because it will help keep it clean.. and Coco Coir bedding and Peat moss and another type of moss(can’t think what it’s called its green though I get it from petsmart) and have a hide for each frog and several plants. and for the leos, They 1 can be put in a 10 gallon tank. 3 can be put in a 30 gallon tank. but I suggest a ten gal for each. and absolutely NO SAND!!!!! Paper towel or reptile carpet is the best thing to use with 2 hides for each Leo and a plant and water dish. Depends on the toad.. and I have no idea about the other frog... But They all will die if not separated and given proper care immediately..

09/21/12  07:10pm

Back to Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area