Frilled Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Frilled Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Decaysha   Eris   DJFrillies  

Member  Message

Decaysha
View Profile

Staining the outside of the enclosure.

I had my custom tank made by a friend. He stained the outside of the plywood but did not seal it. Since it is on the outside (the inside is covered in contact paper) will it be okay for my Frilly? I am smelling a sight odor and not sure how long ago it was stained so I am wondering if it needs to be sealed or will it off gas and if it will off gas how long might that take?

03/22/17  09:04pm

Eris
View Profile

Message To: Decaysha   In reference to Message Id: 2320487

Hello!

I would imagine that it should be fine once it cures with it being on the outside. I would wait until you do not smell anything though, may take a couple of days. Or you can certainly seal it with a polycrylic sealant. Would love to see it when its all set up!!

03/27/17  06:52pm

DJFrillies
View Profile

Message To: Eris   In reference to Message Id: 2320513

The stain on the outside should be fine after it soaks in/dries. Be careful with the contact "paper" on the inside. The glue on that needs to dissipate (few days), and you should consider not using a paper based layer, but something with poly or plastic that will not soak up/harbor pathogens as well as paper may. Some old linoleum pieces would be an inexpensive option also.

Pics when done would be great, yeah!

04/03/17  04:34pm

Back to Frilled Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area