Frilled Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Frilled Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Decaysha   Decaysha   DJFrillies  

Member  Message

Decaysha
View Profile

1st time Frillie owner

So I went to Petco in NYC originally to get a baby Bearded and saw they still had this beautiful Frilled after many months. She was in this 1’ x 1’ tank the whole time. Although a bit expensive I bought her to give her a better life. Now I don’t have a ton of room in my apartment but I know I have to make her a much larger enclosure then the 10 gal setup I have. I have owned many many reptiles in the past (see my profile). I have made huge enclosures for large snakes but it has been over 20 yrs since.

My Frilly is female named Elvira and about 16" from tip to tip. She is fine with being handled and is alert and active. I have one side at 85-90 for basking and one side that goes from about 50%-70% humidity. I keep a water bowl with some moss on the humid side and also cover that side of the screen with a damp towel. I have a heat light on the other side (waiting for the UVB to come from Amazon in a day or 2 as well as a heating pad and another bigger branch). Currently she eats 10 crickets every other day which half are covered in Reptivite 2x a week. I mister her 2-4 times a day depending on the lvl of humidity in the tank. The stores near me were out of mealworms so I will be ordering them online. They also want way too much money for 10 roaches ($12) which I will also have to order. I also bought a book on Frillled but the opinions on them vary so much I am happy I found this website.

Now I am planning on a 4’H x 3’L x 2’W which would fit perfectly on top of my dresser. Any help with the best way to go about building this would be appreciated. Also any other information would be appreciated.

12/10/16  08:52am

Decaysha
View Profile

Message To: Decaysha   In reference to Message Id: 2319864

1st time Frillie owner

Sorry the images are not working. I can’t seem to get the image maker or link maker to work.

12/10/16  09:02am

DJFrillies
View Profile

Message To: Decaysha   In reference to Message Id: 2319865

1st time Frillie owner

I would recommend you read some of the old posts in the forum for info also.

Good general info site Link

A website for an online reptile store with good prices Link

Links have to be bracketed to work. I’ve not had luck getting pics to work well either.

12/13/16  04:51pm

Back to Frilled Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area