Frilled Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Frilled Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

C a s   DJFrillies   C a s   DJFrillies   DJFrillies  

Member  Message

C a s
View Profile

Concerns about frilli

I recently moved and the climate here is a bit different. After taking her on an 8 hour trip she was kind of messed up for a few days. But now she’s eating and acting fairly normal except I’ve noticed some odd things. When we finally got her into the cage she passed some weird plug like looking poo and then normal poo. She was fine after that but today I went in there and found runny urates with a tinge of blood in them. She ate fine today though and isn’t acting particularly different. The difference here is that it is much hotter here and way more humid and her humidity seems to be around 60 most of the time. Yesterday it got particularly hot and she seemed a little annoyed but not really off
Can’t post pics cause my phone is the only thing with Internet right now

05/26/16  12:10pm

DJFrillies
View Profile

Message To: C a s   In reference to Message Id: 2318481

Concerns about frilli

Unless it is too much more heat (over 110), heat is good for Frillies. So is humidity. So the move should not be a real issue. Likely some stress from the move itself, Frillies don’t really like changes much. Did the view out the cage change significantly, more or less light?

You say a few things in generalities that could be better expressed with some specifics, like ’hot’, if you can provide actual temperature (ranges) that would be more useful information. She is eating ’normal", can you specify what normal is? what variety of foods and quantities consumed?

Only thing that you say that I would be concerned about is the poop quality. Without spending much, your might want to consider doing a home fecal float test to confirm you do not have a parasite situation. Check this linkLink for info on how that should be performed. You can buy kits most easily for under $20. You do still need a microscope or access to one.

05/26/16  03:03pm

C a s
View Profile

Message To: DJFrillies   In reference to Message Id: 2318482

Concerns about frilli

Hot as in 90 degree ambient it looks like. My temp and humidity reading is a bit off because the batteries died in both of my digital thermometers and I can’t for the life of me find replacement batteries. I tried to just buy another but I couldn’t find any so I bought a thermometer but it’s awful. My most accurate temp reader rn is some weird nautical barometer/hydrometer/thermometer thing. It tells me that it’s 90 in the middle and humidity is 60/70.
She eats dubiaroaches and I got a good handful of large dubias and she ate them just fine.

05/26/16  03:52pm

DJFrillies
View Profile

Message To: C a s   In reference to Message Id: 2318483

Concerns about frilli

90’s are good ambient.

I have gone thru a few different thermometer/hygrometers now and the best I have found is the VE-TH100. Works well, good accuracy, and under $10.

Link

05/27/16  02:10pm

DJFrillies
View Profile

Message To: DJFrillies   In reference to Message Id: 2318495

Concerns about frilli

I use a temp gun for spot checking, its also good for testing water temperatures and your Air conditioning performance. Just an inexpensive gun is under $20. I have one like this.

Link

05/27/16  02:41pm

Back to Frilled Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area