Frilled Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Frilled Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Sierheartless   Cphill58   DJFrillies   DJFrillies  

Member  Message

Sierheartless
View Profile

I need some frilled dragon help...

i recently got my first frilled dragon, he is really small (around 9 inches long tail to nose), but he doesnt seem to be eating, and while I havnt seen a difference in his body mass, i dont want it to be an issue.

His tank is a 30 tall, front opening, filled with branches and things to climb on and hide with a couple water sources. He is also misted a few times a day. The cooler part of the tank stays around 80-85 and the basking spot hasnt dropped below 95 but is usually in the 100s. He spends most of his time hanging out in the water dish and is drinking pretty well. I have offered various cricket sizes and a few types of worms (cant remember what) but they go untouched, as far as i can tell. Its been about three weeks, he is still pretty high energy at least. Iv heard of sulking periods but I honestly dont know how long that can last, if thats what it is. Any advice would be appreciated.

06/02/15  09:45pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Sierheartless   In reference to Message Id: 2313796

Frilled dragons can stress pretty easily .. a 30 tall is not very big ... 4 or 5 feet tall will be needed in the future.

Offer him a pinkie mouse and see what happens... frozen then thawed. They like rodents and other meat items. where did you get him>>>what did they feed him. Try cooked chicken breast shredded and danggle it in front of him... make it look alive. Try wet canned dog food last resort. Eggs are high protein as well ... scrambled and cooled off.

Most likely he was wild caught and he is not used to captivity. He might have parasites ? Need to do a fecal exam by a exotic vet. Check for worms and such.

I will ask a friend for more info

06/14/15  11:36am

DJFrillies
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2313906

Mice or rats should only be given to adults, not baby FDs, and only rarely. No more than once every 2 weeks.

The best food you can give your baby FD IMHO is dubia roaches. If you are serious about keeping any FDs longterm you should have a colony, they are quiet, don’t stink, fly or bite.

Take a look at this care sheet, that’s a good list Link

02/02/16  05:37pm

DJFrillies
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2313906

Mice or rats should only be given to adults, not baby FDs, and only rarely. No more than once every 2 weeks.

The best food you can give your baby FD IMHO is dubia roaches. If you are serious about keeping any FDs longterm you should have a colony, they are quiet, don’t stink, fly or bite.

Take a look at the care sheet at this link, that’s a good list [http://www.everythingreptile.org/frilled-dragon.html]

02/02/16  05:37pm

Back to Frilled Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area