Frilled Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Frilled Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Redleg   Takahiro111   Redleg   DJFrillies   DJFrillies  

Member  Message

Redleg
View Profile

Frilled Dragon or Beardie

I am interested in knowing whether Frilled Dragons are more, less, or about the same as Beardies as regards their robustness of health. I have done a lot of research and I think I know what habitat and food to provide, but I am interested in how robust these reptiles tend to be in terms of health.

05/14/15  07:48pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Redleg   In reference to Message Id: 2313597

I own a frillie now and health wise i can say as long as you can keep the setup right and take very good care of them they’ll live long. Both is easy to care for and as long as their happy and see a vet regularly for check ups also right supplements both reptiles will be an amazing pet.

05/16/15  05:39pm

Redleg
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2313617

Thank you very much for the reply. I am having fun trying to decide between these two types of lizard. One thing: it seems to be hard to find vertically-oriented habitat cages.

05/18/15  08:04am

DJFrillies
View Profile

Message To: Redleg   In reference to Message Id: 2313635

There are only 2 vendors that I have been able to find that make semi-reasonably priced containers with vertical orientation.

Animal Plastics Link makes a superior cage with a great price point.
PROS: 1. Price is real good for the container alone , but shipping is prohibitive. 2. The CVPVC panels are very nice, everything has been prefitted for easy reassembly.
CONS: 1. Panels are a bit fragile, ESTES delivered 2 broken parts and had an attitude about it. Do not ship via ESTES 2.Mom and pop operation, restricted volume production, 4-6 month wait list for custom orders.

Cages by Design Link and Link
A choice of a practical container or Furniture quality container. Clearly the Furniture Quality items are more expensive.

Outside of that, you should consider making your own. Melamine is really not a suitable material for use as it breaks down quickly with moisture. A quality and yet inexpensive build could use several materials. Solid wood is heavy, but looks more like normal furniture. Lower cost yet is to make a container from glass (single pane) and a Styrofoam board outer layer. Acrylics or metals would be more expensive. I have thought that a container made from dual pane glass would be nice, and eliminate the need for the outer Styrofoam panels for insulation you need with single pane glass. (ExoTerra). Got a 3d printer? I bet we will see a slick container with 3d foliage in the walls someday not far off

04/07/16  07:58pm

DJFrillies
View Profile

Message To: DJFrillies   In reference to Message Id: 2317738

Meant to add this to my previous post, but can’t find any edit function.

The main topic of the thread is question of Beardie or Frilled.

Break it down to plain economics, a Frilled costs at least 4x a Beardie. It requires a much more advanced ($$) container.

Frilleds do not always ’tame’, some remain near wild in captivity.

04/20/16  03:01pm

Back to Frilled Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area