Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Frilled Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Frilled Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Member  Message

Tazi24
View Profile

My baby frilleds eyes look bruised...HELP??..

Hi, me and my boyfriend just recently got a baby frilled dragon in Feb. They said at the time she was about 2-3 months old. She was doing fine for the first month and a half, very active, ate about 4-7 small crickets every day, maybe skip a day in between but would eat the very next day. When we first got her we were using a rug for her cage but read some articles about them keeping parasites in the rug and could get our lizard sick so we changed it for coco fibre, which the people from the pet store said that its good for all kinds of lizards. Some time this week she started eating less..... We bought some hornworms, silkworms, and reptiworms to see if she would eat them and she just ignored them. We had to force feed her the last 2 days because she didnt want to eat on her own and she started to look a bit thinner. When we tried feeding her today i noticed that she was shedding around her mouth area. It looks like underneath her eyes she has some bruising. I would really appreciate it if someone could help if they had any ideas what it might be.. She still climbs up her branches and runs around but definitely not like she was before... could it be that shes just shedding?? Help please!!

04/07/13  03:01pm

Back to Frilled Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area