Frilled Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Frilled Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

CivicDemon   87rx7chick   Frilled reaper  

Member  Message

CivicDemon
View Profile

Introducing Female To My Male !!!

Hey guys havent ben on here in some time now but yeah i tought i would post.

So my mother inlaws friend is moving and is selling his 2 Frills for 50$ eatch, my mother in law wants to keep one and then she said i can have the female if i pay for her. So anyways i paid her already and she is going to be bringing her in a couple days. So I know im going to need a bigger enclosure soon but for the mean time there going to both be in my Frill Gokus home.

Picture Below

Anyways my question is How should i go about introducing them ??? Should i do it outside of the cage since he might be pissed at someone new entering his turf. Or should i just let her in his cage and see what happens ?? If they fight remove her and so on.

But anyways Planning on making them a 6 by 6 by 2 1/2 deep cage really soon.

What do you guys think ??

07/09/12  07:02am

87rx7chick
View Profile

Message To: CivicDemon   In reference to Message Id: 2272613

i did a write up on my website about this!!!

Linkhttp://www.alamocityagama.com/breeding

i hope this info helps you . lmk if you have any questions!

07/09/12  12:47pm

Frilled reaper
View Profile

Message To: CivicDemon   In reference to Message Id: 2272613

just be careful when you do it. everyone has there own way. i first kept my female in her own cage for some time so she could get bigger. i would introduce them out side of the cages were they didnt have any of there enclosure items with scents on them. when i did this i swapped some of there items within there cages so they could get used to each others scents with out them being in there. then i would completly but not permanatley swap cages for a couple hours for a few days than introduce the female into the male cage with him in there. my cage is big enough they can have there own space with out each other in it. my male how ever does get aggressive towards her from time to time so i have to pay extra close attention. he does show signs too when she is pissing him off so than i just remove her until he can calm down. hope it gives you some ideas like i said everyone has there own method

01/08/13  11:31am

Back to Frilled Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area