Frilled Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Frilled Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

KushBaby   87rx7chick   KushBaby   87rx7chick  

Member  Message

KushBaby
View Profile

2 month old wont eat

I just bought a 2 month frilled dragon she is very very skinny very dehydrated I can not get her to eat anything at all shes just not interested please help me

04/09/12  08:25pm

87rx7chick
View Profile

Message To: KushBaby   In reference to Message Id: 2262154

2 month old wont eat

was she skinny when you bought her?

www.alamocityagama.com < read the care , temp and humidity requirements.

did you buy her from a local breeder?

first things first. COVER THE ENCLOSURE’s front so she can not see out. dont let her see anything. any movement may scare her. they dont eat if they are scared. and movement can and will scare them. dont bother her dont pick her up dont grab her. just leave hear be for a day, offer a bowl of crickets. about 2 or 3 only, in a bowl that they can not get out of. remove all other crickets that may be wandering in side of the enclosure so they dont crawl on her. make sure the crickets can not get out of the bowl.

leave hear alone with the front and sides covered.

04/09/12  08:41pm

KushBaby
View Profile

Message To: 87rx7chick   In reference to Message Id: 2262157

2 month old wont eat

i adopted her from a rescue shop and she was skinny when i got her they got her two days before i got her i just covered her enclosure

04/09/12  08:47pm

87rx7chick
View Profile

Message To: KushBaby   In reference to Message Id: 2262161

2 month old wont eat

she may not recover. if these reptiles get super dehydrated they stop eating. most all reptiles have internal parasites as part of their normal digestion. if the reptile gets stressed and dehydrated these parasites can increase in numbers and cause irritation infection and other issues.

you got her from a rescue , did the rescue give her vet treatment? is it a REAL rescue or just some ones house?

sick frilled dragons benifit mostly from increasing hydration threw Sub-Q injections that the vet administers carefully. a small amount of fluid ever 12-24 hours for a few days will slowly increase her hydration. oral hydration will be to much she would most likely just vomit it up. these frilled dragons literally shut down in times of stress. their digestion also shuts down hence why you have to administer fluids sub-q (under the skin)

i would recomend taking her in to see a vet.

http://www.alamocityagama.com/Medical-care

read the list of medications. refuse baytril from the vet. she may not NEED an antoniotic . flagyl is both an antibiotic and a parasite treatment. its safe to use but i’d use it 2-3 days after starting sub-q fluid. you want her ot be hydrated before you start any medication. you should order bene-bac for bird and reptile. it is great at helping reptile’s stomachs.

idk what other advice i can give you... i dont know if she is sick, or just stressed, to give her proper treatment is extremely conditional and i dont know the conditions she went threw :(

seek vet help though.. i hope what i have said, would help you choose the right method of rehabilitating her. alot of people’s vets offer baytril but its really dangerous to give to a dehydrated reptile. i never use baytril i just spend the 70-120$ on the fortaz injections

04/11/12  05:44pm

Back to Frilled Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area