Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Frilled Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Frilled Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

JDA42003   87rx7chick   JDA42003   Gibson  

Member  Message

JDA42003
View Profile

Frilled gone from tree dweller to digger.

I’ve got a frill less than a year old. He normally comes off his tree only to eat crickets or get some water. But for the last week he’s been digging in his substrate like he’s looking for something. He’s not eating crickets like he has been either.

07/04/11  06:35pm

87rx7chick
View Profile

Message To: JDA42003   In reference to Message Id: 2227592

have you changed anything in the room he’s in. have you had any one new over that he may not have liked? any company or visitors? has the temps in your room raised thus raising the temps in the enclosure? are you maintaining the same humidity level daily? has there been a change in humidity? have you handled him recently but scared him or startled him? have crickets been biting him at night?

could be humidity, stress, fear, temps, or crickets biting him at night.

some of my frills dig like crazy, stop for a month or 2 then scratch and dig again. i find that it helps to cover the front of the enclosure. it makes them feel more secure. it really isnt anything to be to worried about. just make sure to keep stress levels down .

07/04/11  09:13pm

JDA42003
View Profile

Message To: 87rx7chick   In reference to Message Id: 2227608

Well, turns out HE’s a SHE. She was digging in the substrate and laying eggs.

07/17/11  08:52pm

Gibson
View Profile

Message To: JDA42003   In reference to Message Id: 2229481

she is about to lay eggs do not mess with her and do not help her lay the eggs. put a 5 gallon bucked in your cage so you frilled lizard can dig deeper into the dirt. do you have a male frilled dragon in your cage.
if you don’t the eggs wont be frertilized and will not hatch. p.s don’t put two much crickets in your cage or they will start to eat your frilled. can you send me a pic of your frilled?

12/22/11  08:41am

Back to Frilled Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area