Fish Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Fish Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Tcmns   Allielover   Tcmns   VengeoftheStars  

Member  Message

Tcmns
View Profile

Fish compatibility

I plan on getting a 65 gallon tank and want to put an Oscar in it but i’m not sure what else would be a good choose with the Oscar. Thank you

11/03/13  05:07pm

Allielover
View Profile

Message To: Tcmns   In reference to Message Id: 2302067

Fish compatibility

I don’t know for sure, but maybe large or similar sized goldfish or koi. some types of large chitlids or catfish.
I had on 8inch goldfish for a few years, she was a real brute and could hold up fine with Oscars for sure, iv had some much chiller attitude goldfish too, who would be bullied to death if put with Oscars.
looks don’t always determine attitude with goldfish. iv had common goldfish that are mean or big babies and the same with more delicate types including a smallish-bubbled bubble-eyed goldfish, I had who pushed everyone out of her way.

11/05/13  12:50am

Tcmns
View Profile

Message To: Allielover   In reference to Message Id: 2302096

Fish compatibility

ok thank you for the information.

11/05/13  06:13am

VengeoftheStars
View Profile

Message To: Tcmns   In reference to Message Id: 2302067

Fish compatibility

Oscars are cichlids and so you will need to keep cichlids with it. Nothing else is really suitable. You cant mix cichlids with tropicals with pondfish. When starting a tank you need to pick what type of environment you want and then choose suitable fish for that ecosystem. Otherwise you will not be able to get your levels right (ph etc) and the fish will be unhealthy.
check this website out and use it to stock your tank. Ive used it for years and its very accurate. http://www.aqadvisor.com/

11/05/13  08:11am

Back to Fish Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area