Fish Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Fish Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Leoleoleolvr   Allielover   Griffinj12   Tadpoles38   Prism  

Member  Message

Leoleoleolvr
View Profile

Bottom feeders??

I need some bottom feeders to balance my 10 gallon tank. It already has 4 one inch common goldfish that will be living in a relatives Pond when they get bigger
. I might get some black kuhli loaches but I have rough er gravel and I think a substrate change mite b a little stressful for my other fish.

12/17/12  10:47pm

Allielover
View Profile

Message To: Leoleoleolvr   In reference to Message Id: 2287814

Bottom feeders??

gold fish grow really fast,( i learned that the hard way,) i wouldn’t put anything Else in with them in that size of tank. goldfish will also scavenge along the bottom of the tank and toss gravel all over the place,(don’t put any glass decor in their tank, they will chip it with their gravel throwing).

goldfish are pretty dirty fish, they will quickly make the tank a mess, eventually i gave up with gravel and now they have mostly bare bottomed tank.

some goldfish don’t care about smaller fish and wont bother them, while others will frequently attack them.

a 1 inch common that i had got too 13 inches in less than 5 years, and some of my Fancy’s have more than tripled their weight in the first year that iv had them.

my mean fish died last year and now a bunch of small tropical fish live with my remaining goldfishes happily. if you do decide to get a bottom feeder i’d go with a well protected largeish catfish.

i hope this helped, sorry if i sound mean, i just wanted to warn you.

01/02/13  01:17am

Griffinj12
View Profile

Message To: Allielover   In reference to Message Id: 2288669

Bottom feeders??

Raphael catfish, hopolo cats, red tail cats, banjo cats, and shovel nose cats are well protected

08/10/13  12:14pm

Tadpoles38
View Profile

Bottom feeders??

Have a big tadpole. They eat algae, or have sucker fish they suck microscopic algae right in!

12/23/15  02:54pm

Prism
View Profile

Bottom feeders??

Nothing can fit anything in that tank, neither are the goldfish suitable for that tank, I would recommend upgrading them 80g, because they will get quiet big, and if you are looking for some bottom feeders, I would do a 100g+ and maybe some type of pleco?

07/11/17  11:46am

Back to Fish Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area