Fish Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Fish Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Rexxaroo   Allielover   Rexxaroo  

Member  Message

Rexxaroo
View Profile

Teeny mealworms for Betta?

Hey there! I am not usually on here im usually hanging out on the water dragons forum but. I recently got a betta from my brother who no longer cared for it, so i got it by default haha. His name is Guapo, and hes a fan tail betta. I breed mealworms for my lizards, and was wondering if i could feed him the teeny little hatchlings. They are the size of the bloodworms i feed him, so i figured it may make a nice treat? Just curious, thanks :)

Rexx

04/14/12  08:02pm

Allielover
View Profile

Message To: Rexxaroo   In reference to Message Id: 2262735

Teeny meal worms for Betta?

maybe, i haven’t tried that with my boys, but the tiny earthworms that iv tried to feed them scared one of them, because of the movement

good luck, allielover

04/16/12  01:05am

Rexxaroo
View Profile

Message To: Allielover   In reference to Message Id: 2262877

Teeny meal worms for Betta?

Hey thanks for the reply. Mine take food from forceps, so he enjoys eating the blood worms and such. I tried the mealies last night and they were a hit, he loves em! I figure i would feed him brine shrimp and bloods three times a week and the mealies one time a week and then skip a day and then feed flake food for the other two days. Seems to work well enough, the day i dont feed is when i do water changes so it works :)

Rexx

04/16/12  01:13pm

Back to Fish Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area