Fish Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Fish Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Amyers   Ghastly   Mk17rules   Reptictale92   Exoticpetsemployee   Saphira101  

Member  Message

Amyers
View Profile

Can anything go with a

Betta fish? my French teacher had some neon tetras with hers and a giant sucker fish in there and i was shocked...sooo like can i put snails or like those little frogs i see? any help would be appreciated.

06/21/10  04:31pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Amyers   In reference to Message Id: 2157349

Can anything go with a

Tetra aren’t advisable since they are fin nippers same as Danio, Barbs, Guppy. Your best bet with a Siamese is a Plec fish aka "sucker", Catfish, Livebearing fish like Swordtail and Platy not Guppy as they and the Siamese will fin nip each other also the Siamese may see the Guppy (male or female) as another fighter fish. Gourami tend to be rather friendly fish too the best one would be the red honey, they are my fav not only in colour but in the dopey temperament they seem to have.

06/22/10  05:52pm

Mk17rules
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2157664

Can anything go with a

so you can put other certain fishy with betta’s??

03/15/11  07:32pm

Reptictale92
View Profile

Message To: Mk17rules   In reference to Message Id: 2209754

Can anything go with a

Yes Betta’s can go wit other certain fish. I plan on putting one in my 145 set up I have.

03/21/11  09:25pm

Exoticpetsemployee
View Profile

Message To: Reptictale92   In reference to Message Id: 2210871

Can anything go with a

as long as the other fish isnt a gourami n isnt big enought to beat up on the betta yes u can put other fish with bettas at our store we throw one in with fancy goldfish to show our customers they get along
DO NOT PUT THEM IN WITH OTHHER GOURAMIS MSJOR FISH DEATH

07/09/11  10:02pm

Saphira101
View Profile

Message To: Exoticpetsemployee   In reference to Message Id: 2228256

Can anything go with a

Gouramis are a bad idea. they are so closely related to bettas that it’s very likely for them to fight. Goldfish are not good either, because they are not tropical. Bettas are. Also, goldfish produce A LOT of waste, too much for bettas to handle, often. Plecos can be OK, but most of them get BIG! (Like over 2 feet long.) I’d recommend getting bristlenose plecos, as they only get up to about 4". Tetras aren’t a good idea, neither are any nippy fish like mollies, platies, and swordtails. Guppies make great tank mates for bettas. :) african dwarf frogs are awesome too, so are snails, though the betta may nip off it’s feelers. (I have never had this problem with my 5 bettas.) If you decide to get tank mates, your tank should be at least 10 gallons, unless you go for the snail. Then the minimum is 5 gallons.

05/16/13  02:17am

Back to Fish Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area