Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Field Herping Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Field Herping Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Webmaster   Kelso reptiles   Webmaster   Kelso reptiles   Webmaster   Jayder85   Webmaster  

Member  Message

Webmaster
View Profile

South Florida Reptile Activity....

Hello,

I’m putting this under field herping even though I haven’t really went field herping. Thanks to the mild mild winter we had, yes it gets cold in South Florida, I been seeing a lot of reptiles. Especially over the last couple of weeks. I have been seeing a bunch of corn snakes, seen a water snake a couple of weeks ago. Seems to be a lot more activity. I’m finding corn snakes climbing fences and coming out crevices in the ground. I have a bunch of photos to put up of reptiles I just happen to come across while at work.

One thing I haven’t been seeing are iguanas. I have not seen one this year. I used to see them grazing in the fields eating. You couldn’t miss them, they were plentiful. I’m thinking the 2 winters before this one, where temps hit very low 30’s might of taken out a good piece of their population.

Anyway...I will try to get some photos up in the next couple of weeks. Since I am re-writing the photo gallery stuff, I wanted to wait and test my photos on it before I implement for members to use.

Thanks and I hope everybody is having a great day!
Doug - webmaster

03/22/12  01:29pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: Webmaster   In reference to Message Id: 2259686

we are witing lol
where are the pics i love herping its a bummer its not as active as it used to be

04/07/12  01:11pm

Webmaster
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2261844

I know. I even went as far as putting the link for this forum in the link rotation on the top of forums. I think some people may not know it’s here.

I used to be more active in going out hiking, canoeing, kyacking, etc. Things get hectic. I’m sure it has gotten that way for a lot of people. I planned on going out a lot more this year, but this year has been busy so far. Plus my work schedule isn’t to my benefit right now. I’m hoping I get new hours this year so I will have more time to go out.

I have to gather all my pics together. I was going to upload them when I am testing the new upload script that I have yet to write. I’ll try to put a couple of pics on here by tomorrow.

It only takes a few of us to get this forum rolling again. I think I can come up with at least one picture a week from outside. I have pics of a pair of corn snakes mating that I took about 3 years ago. So I have pics and I will try to keep this forum on the busier side.

Would be nice if Jeff would come back too! He always had great stuff.

Doug - Webmaster

04/08/12  12:21pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: Webmaster   In reference to Message Id: 2261956

yeah i know what you mean
jeffs been hanging out in the venomous forum

04/08/12  05:07pm

Webmaster
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2261996

I know I still haven’t put up the new photo. I sent them from my phone to my email and now I think I have to re-down load them from my email.

Maybe I will get to it tonight since I have little planned.

To anybody reading this...Have a great day!
Doug - Webmaster

04/17/12  04:05pm

Jayder85
View Profile

Message To: Webmaster   In reference to Message Id: 2261956

Yea it has been pretty dissappointing since I have joined. Field herping takes up a lot of my time as I am a naturalist. Just not a lot of conversation on here.

05/24/12  05:21pm

Webmaster
View Profile

Message To: Jayder85   In reference to Message Id: 2267520

Hello,

I’m currently juggling a lot of things, but once I get things settled down a bit (hopefully within a month) I will be back out in Florida’s everglades. I’m hoping to get down further South to see some American Crocodiles.

Hope you hang in there and share some of your stories and photos in hopes that the forum will become busy again.

Thanks and have a great weekend!
Doug - Webmaster

05/26/12  01:32pm

Back to Field Herping Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area