Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Field Herping Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Field Herping Forum

Warlock   JEFF QUARLES   Warlock   DougB66   Warlock  
 Member  Message

Warlock
View Profile

Field Herping In North Carolina

Hey everyone. I just moved down to north carolina and Im living in Rowan county. I cant seem to find any public places and the land around here noone seems to know who owns it. does anyone know any good places open to the public I can go herping?

03/22/10  06:21am

JEFF QUARLES
View Profile

Message To: Warlock   In reference to Message Id: 2134964

Well, th first thing you got to do is move from Rown Co; It sucks for herps...There are some very good spots closer to the coast though..

03/23/10  04:58pm

Warlock
View Profile

Message To: JEFF QUARLES   In reference to Message Id: 2135449

since my last post Ive had some good herping so far this year. Iv caught several eastern fence lizards and 6 eastern box turtles all but 2 were males and they have all be released back where I found them. also last week I caught a rough green snake who was released back in the blackberry bush from wence he came. and I caught an eastern king about 5 weeks ago now. all this within a mile from my house so over all not bad. Im hoping to be able to find a few corn snakes before the end of the season. havnt seen to many of them yet

08/02/10  11:35am

DougB66
View Profile

Message To: Warlock   In reference to Message Id: 2134964

Hi, I am a newbie on this forum. I am in Kannapolis and have been hunting someone to go field herping with. I go to the Uwharrie Mountains on the weekends. If you aren’t sure where that is, it is in Asheboro (very rocky area).

03/13/11  07:12pm

Warlock
View Profile

Message To: DougB66   In reference to Message Id: 2209415

that sounds like alot of fun. I havnt truly been hunting for a long while besides in my back yard but ive caught quite alot of things. in the last years ive captured and released several eastern box turtles, 4 or 5 eastern fence lizards, rough green snakes, wormsnakes, Eastern king snakes, even had a run in with a racer but it got away :P

03/21/11  06:22am

Back to Field Herping Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area