Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Field Herping Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Field Herping Forum

NICKNAME   TarantulaGuy   NICKNAME   JEFF QUARLES   NICKNAME   SammySnake   Snake Eyes 2006   SammySnake   Cornsnake chris   Cornsnake chris   NICKNAME  
 Member  Message

NICKNAME
View Profile

Fun in south florida

here`s some pics of night-herping in the glades , and south homestead

we just catch and photo and releaseand get them off the road so they dont get run over
it`s always fun

06/22/08  10:25pm

TarantulaGuy
View Profile

Message To: NICKNAME   In reference to Message Id: 1770123

Fun in south florida

I love the pics, some good looking animals there. I miss field herping:( I recently moved to Alaska, and let me tell you. Field herping just does not happen up here. So now I’m going to live vicariously through all of you, post some more pics! :)

06/23/08  04:42am

NICKNAME
View Profile

Message To: TarantulaGuy   In reference to Message Id: 1770343

Fun in south florida

man , i bet you see alot of awsome widerness up there . i`d love to go there .send some " non-herp pics of the wilderness
yeah the glades always is fun to herp through
we don`t even walk the trails , we jjust go at night with some good music , and drive the out of the way roads , and see all this without much effort .

06/23/08  07:33am

JEFF QUARLES
View Profile

Fun in south florida

Always love to see those Pigmy’s. We also met some guys from Missouri and chated with them for a while. Herping is a small world if you think about it..

06/23/08  02:00pm

NICKNAME
View Profile

Message To: JEFF QUARLES   In reference to Message Id: 1770723

Fun in south florida

yeah , gettin smaller every day jeff

i`ll bet you used to see alot more on the roads 20 years back
that was our first pigmy by the way . we were just so stoked!

06/23/08  09:27pm

SammySnake
View Profile

Fun in south florida

How did you find stuff in S. Homestead?!
I used to live there, for 13 years.
And I’d caught maybe 3 corns?
All of which had some sort of defect.

01/13/09  11:56pm

Snake Eyes 2006
View Profile

Message To: SammySnake   In reference to Message Id: 1931904

Fun in south florida

Sammy it must be your timing?! Cause we see Jeff posting pics of Corns and other non-venomous from Florida all the time, I was down in Naples/Everglades and caught 4 Corns and 2 of them were Okatee phased. I also saw hundreds of Cottonmouths, caught a 8ft Burm, 2 Yellow Rat Snakes, 2 Everglades Rat Snakes, 5 Ribbon Snakes, 2 Mud Snakes, and 2 Scarlett Snakes, not to mention seeing twice that D.O.R.

Happy Herping this Spring/Summer

01/15/09  11:30am

SammySnake
View Profile

Message To: Snake Eyes 2006   In reference to Message Id: 1932681

Fun in south florida

I ALWAYS see snakes D.O.R.
It depresses me.
I mean, I go all out when I go herping, as well.
I now live in Central FL, and my neighbors are always seeing these snakes that continue to elude me!
I always see Black Racers and ringnecks.
I’ve even seen 2 corals, and 2 cottonmouths.
The worst case I’ve seen of a snake D.O.R up here was a beautiful 6 foot coachwhip.
It broke my heart.
But anyways, I just found out the other day, that some of my other friends went herping and found a 3 foot corn!
I was intensely jealous.
Well, I’m definetly going to throw myself into my herping even moreso than usual.
Even if I just SEE some sign of serpentine life other than racers, I’ll be happy.

01/15/09  08:59pm

Cornsnake chris
View Profile

Message To: Snake Eyes 2006   In reference to Message Id: 1932681

Fun in south florida

my kind of people we do the same take pics n move them off the road everyone knows the number of roadkills there r its such a shame.. keep saving..

07/18/09  02:25pm

Cornsnake chris
View Profile

Message To: SammySnake   In reference to Message Id: 1933074

Fun in south florida

Be patient it was the same with me most of the time when we went herpin they were always roadkill it is so depressing for example to see a pretty scarlett king ran over. i cant believe the numbers of dead snakes but u must keep searchin for new locations n u will find more remote areas with a large alive rate. black racers n rough greens r more popular in the day but if u want more of a sellection night is the best for most r nocturnal give it time u will find just about every specie.here r the most common ones i see in order RIBBONS,WATERS EVERY SPECIE,CORNS,YELLOWRATS,SWAMPSNAKES,CRAYFISH SNAKES,MUDSNAKES,GARTERS,SWAMPSNAKES,MOCCS,PIGMYS,RINGNECKS,DEKAYS,BURMS,N KINGS .GOOD LUCK..

07/18/09  03:06pm

NICKNAME
View Profile

Message To: Cornsnake chris   In reference to Message Id: 2041309

Fun in south florida

hey guys haven`t written in about a year
but i`m wondering if anyone knows any good feild herping spots in the delray , or boyton area
or even nrth ft. lauderdale
any suggestions?

08/09/09  10:16pm

Back to Field Herping Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area